IGNORED

What to do next?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Mr Dawson.

Now the next step is to fix the clutch, the PO gave me the clutch cylinder but from reading around about this i cannot figure out what's the bore everybody talks about would you take a look at my replacement and let me know if is ok?20170916_232314.jpg20170916_232312.jpg

That appears to be a new part. If so no worries about the bore. The bore is basically the hollow part of the cylinder that all the moving parts ride in. If an old one is rusty, pitted, scarred etc it won't seal. Go to the 1st gen tech library, engine and drivetrain section and look for write up on slave cylinder. It will walk you through the process.

That appears to be a new part. If so no worries about the bore. The bore is basically the hollow part of the cylinder that all the moving parts ride in. If an old one is rusty, pitted, scarred etc it won't seal. Go to the 1st gen tech library, engine and drivetrain section and look for write up on slave cylinder. It will walk you through the process.

Thank you Mr Dawson will do I'll keep you posted.

That appears to be a new slave you're holding. What am I missing?
The kit to rebuild the cylinder in that post do i need it or just take the old one out and clean everything and put it in the new one? I mean the stuff that goes inside the bore.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Edited by Poncho26

The kit to rebuild the cylinder in that post do i need it or just take the old one out and clean everything and put it in the new one? I mean the stuff that goes inside the bore.

How do you know for sure you need a new one? Lucy's PO told me I needed a new master and slave. When I got her home and started checking her out, I found that he had done an improper repair on the clutch basket. He had put her back together wrong and the basket was all out of alignment. If in fact there is something wrong with the slave, just replace it with the new one. Better to not have to worry about leaking.

That is a complete slave. It should just bolt in as is.

Ok I'll do that and update you on this guys thank you

I get to these kind of late in the day due to my work schedule but, if you haven't already done the repair / replacement yet, please remember to use a new banjo bolt and Crush washers when installing the slave cylinder. I don't remember the torque spec on it but I know it's not very much. Over torquing or using old or no Crush washers will result in leaking.

I get to these kind of late in the day due to my work schedule but, if you haven't already done the repair / replacement yet, please remember to use a new banjo bolt and Crush washers when installing the slave cylinder. I don't remember the torque spec on it but I know it's not very much. Over torquing or using old or no Crush washers will result in leaking.
Wow thank you for the tip I didn't know about that.

Wow thank you for the tip I didn't know about that.

My wife and I will be passing right by you on our way to Chicago on the 29th. Let me know what your schedule is that day and if it works out with ours I can always stop over and help you out and give you a few tips if you need it. I'm not as good as some of the guys on here but I'm willing to lend you whatever knowledge I have.

My wife and I will be passing right by you on our way to Chicago on the 29th. Let me know what your schedule is that day and if it works out with ours I can always stop over and help you out and give you a few tips if you need it. I'm not as good as some of the guys on here but I'm willing to lend you whatever knowledge I have.
Wow thank you very much!

I appreciate that and of course i will let uou know thank you.

Oh boy ! Top one is the new bottom old I see the new one is a little bit different is that bad?

The rubber gasket has a fin that protrudes while the old one doesn't also I swear I can't find the damage in the bore of the old cylinder everybody talks about honning I'll add pictures for you yo see.3e08bc85551a91a71ade7ad1d176f8fa.jpg88e5bbaa27333e373a0dcfa193d246d6.jpg528d7edb1b1b262cf1f1555548802956.jpg71acb7bff121a5e3849de0d79329d9a3.jpg

Ya the top one looks like its used IMHO. It has wear marks where it looks like the shaft that pushes the clutch open was wearing into the pocket on the piston and it appears to me that the rubber that tucks in behind the piston is sticking out = thinking that is what appears to the prutusion your seeing.

To see the area that has to be honed on a rebuild you have to drive the piston out..

Mr Puc nice to read you again how was surgery hope everything is ok.

Well about the clutch slave cylinder i took the thing out and the inside looked good and I just finished Putting everything back tomorrow I will fill the master cylinder with dot 3 and let you know how it went good night.

Why my oil filter looks like this?http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110475http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110476http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110477

WOWZY,,aint got near the time with these things as many of the guru's around here but I aint NEVER seen nuttin like that before.. Personally, that would never work for me - it would be laying under the scoot and oil would be shootin out of the front of my motor on our first day headed west.. Not good IMHO.. On the same token though, spinning a filter on and off would sure be east..

Do you know what they are suppose to look like Ponch? I can snap a pic for ya if you would like..

Why my oil filter looks like this?http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110475http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110476http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110477

:confused::confused::confused24::confused07::doh::think:

ummmm What in the @$)@ is that.... Sure this 84 yamaha? nothing like i have ever seen... are you playing a funny on us.... odd