IGNORED

Buddy Rich installation instructions

ReinyRooster

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ReinyRooster said:

That would be great, thanks. 

On 6/16/2022 at 5:28 PM, ReinyRooster said:

So I got my hands of the Buddy Rich cable....now I'm looking for any instructions/pictures on the hook-up. Electrical stuff is not my strong suit. I did a search and found lots of talk about the cables but no instructions.

Thanks

Ok Rooster I hope this helps. On the right side beside the headlight you’ll see a bundle of round plugs like this. The zip tie holding them has a release tab, open the tie and find the cable with the red tape marker. Unplug that plug and plug your cable in between them, it’ll only fit one way. The small wire coming off the Buddy cable will route to the voice in device you’re using, Garmin GPS or in my case a Bluestreak. The voice out from that device will go to the Aux input coming from the cassette player, you can buy a 3.5mm splitter to use there to keep the Aux on dash working. That’s the short version. If you have Mic-Mutes they plug in the same place, it makes a difference which order they go. Make sure to test everything before closing the fairing. At this point you should be able to talk on the phone thru a wired helmet. In my case I have Mic-Mutes, Bluestreak, Amplirider, and a Bluetooth receiver all connected so it looks a little crazy in there. Tape plug connectors to keep it dry. My number is in my profile, feel free to call or text if I can talk you through something. 

2D658D56-257E-46B8-881A-044A137D8A20.jpeg

Edited by RDawson