IGNORED

F6B Goldwing

Squidley

I'm starting to look for my next bike. I'm more than likely not going to stay with a Venture as I think they totally screwed the pooch with the new TC being air cooled. I have consistently been drawn to the F6B Goldwing for the performance aspect of it. I still want to be on a big bike with some of the creature comforts. Lonna and I will not be doing the marathon touring anylonger as her back is just not going to handle long trips on the bike anymore. I want to get back into a little more spirited riding being solo most the time on the bike. The question I have for y'all is this, who has had some 1st hand experience riding an F6B Wing? I'd like to get an idea from others before I start getting serious on finding one. So what say ye, anybody have some stories to tell?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Squidley said:

You scare me .  I've been looking at F6B as well.  I've concluded that I would rather buy a full Wing and remove the trunk, and actually been emailing a company that is going to re-introduce a cover for the trunk spot.  Being a taller guy (6'2"), I am sure I will need a custom seat that sits back and a bit higher. I sat on a wing last summer, I felt it was a bit tight on the knees.  I do like the feet under, and water cooled, and plan to continue my pursuit.  Some of the early f6bs are missing a couple features I think I want, namely cruise.  But then again, I do like my throttle lock on my 83, lol.  

Edited by SpencerPJ
  • Like 2

Oh heck yeah,, they are GORGEOUS my brother! Not absolutely 100% sure but I think Quickstep, Aussie Annies husband ended up with one that he has probably got a zillion miles on now.. Maybe see if you can track him down and pick his brain a bit. I know that the early 1800 wings had some issues with the alternator drive system but that was rectified wayyyy before Honda introduced the F6b so you would be safe there.  Personally I really like em,, a bagger with a 6 cylinder water cooled, shaft drive set up - WOWZY WOW WOW WOW..  Our 2 local Honda shops had a rough time selling theirs and were offering some awesome left over deals on them, not really sure what ever happened to em.. You know me,, if you want me to keep an eye out for one just give a shout!  If you have not ridden one yet maybe see if you can find one to try out before buying? 

Love ya'll

Puc

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 1:31 PM, SpencerPJ said:

You scare me .  I've been looking at F6B as well.  I've concluded that I would rather buy a full Wing and remove the trunk, and actually been emailing a company that is going to re-introduce a cover for the trunk spot.  Being a taller guy (6'2"), I am sure I will need a custom seat that sits back and a bit higher. I sat on a wing last summer, I felt it was a bit tight on the knees.  I do like the feet under, and water cooled, and plan to continue my pursuit.  Some of the early f6bs are missing a couple features I think I want, namely cruise.  But then again, I do like my throttle lock on my 83, lol.  

Goldwing was going to be my bike of choice back in '08, but being long in the legs, I couldn't fit behind the bodywork.  My knees would be slamming into a row of switches as I went down the road.  I was really disappointed until I found my RSV.  All the leg room I need!