IGNORED

Disconnecting while online gaming

djh3

I run in an online racing league a few nights a week. So for about 6-8 weeks now at the same time virtually every night while racing my PC drops me out of server. I can almost set a clock, @ 9:20 it is going to drop me. I run a comm program at the same time on same PC and that stays live. I had Comcast guy out last week he changed a splitter and of course reset modem (lol reminds me of my old Sprint phone) So that Thursday night all was good. Last night 9:21 bang error code comes up cars disapear and I'm dropped again, comms stay up and fine, not even get choppy. Any ideas? I read about some folks having similar issues and resetting something DCHP time in router. But that sounded more like a complet everything disconnects.

It almost sounds like the server you are connecting to or maybe a router you are running thru to get to that server is having an issue. The best way to troubleshoot this is to put a sniffer program on your PC to do a packet capture and see you if get a disconnect message from the server or just what is happening. A freeware one is Wireshark. https://www.wireshark.org/

You will have to have the capture running and then stop and save it right after being disconnected and then have the trace analyzed to see if something shows up on it.

Hope this helps some as this issue can be a hard one to pinpoint due to all the variables you are dealing with.

Good luck

Rick F.

Tonight in a practice 9:21 to the minute......disconnected. This time the comms went to. So finally figured out how to get in router and changed the DCHP to 2880 minutes. Which it the longest it would allow. Try again tomorrow and see.

This sounds like an issue with your isp. I'll bet someone there is resetting a piece of gear or reloading something.

I quit using my isp's dns server because they were always messing with it. I am using Amazon's dns servers now and quit having similar problems to what you describe.

You could also turn off DHCP on your PC and assign a static IP address and take that part of the issue out of the picture. I have done that on a couple of my PC so I always know what the IP address is so I can access them remotely from inside my network. If you can access your router you can change what address are available for lease and then use one of the non DHCP address for the PC in question. You will also have to set the default gateway( your routers IP address) and the DNS server IP address also.

Hope this helps.

Rick F.