IGNORED

WIll 1987 Royal Venture gas tank fit on 1991 Royal Venture?

My 1991 Royal Venture gas tank needs to be replaced. I found a used 1987 gas tank on ebay that seller says will fit the 1991 venture but I wanted to confirm before I made the purchase. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes Sir, Yes sir it is a positive fit!!

http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oemparts/p/yamaha/54k-24110-00-33/fuel-tank-comp

Yes, it will bolt right in.

Although all First Gen Venture fuel tanks are interchangeable, they are not all identical. For instance, the 1983 and 1984 fuel tanks use a non locking gas cap (the fuel filler door locks). The 1985-1993 fuel tanks use a locking gas cap with a non locking fuel filler door. The 1985-1993 locking gas cap will NOT work on the 1983-1984 fuel tanks. The fuel tank neck/opening is different.

Just a FYI.

Your Welcome I will also ad that $12 a year is a darned good price for the knowledge you gain from such a site, there is a couple sites you can go in like boats.net partzilla.com If you have a part your looking for and see it on ebay, I use yamahapartshouse.com to cross reference parts if there in question. I believe partzilla and boats.net also you can do the same there. the reason I use yamahapartshouse.com is they still list all the parts even tho they have discontinued most.

Yes, it will bolt right in.

Although all First Gen Venture fuel tanks are interchangeable, they are not all identical. For instance, the 1983 and 1984 fuel tanks use a non locking gas cap (the fuel filler door locks). The 1985-1993 fuel tanks use a locking gas cap with a non locking fuel filler door. The 1985-1993 locking gas cap will NOT work on the 1983-1984 fuel tanks. The fuel tank neck/opening is different.

Just a FYI.

See right there I just got schooled!!! I did not know that.. My bike is just Unique.