IGNORED

83 VR Carb choke rod question

Yes... Just looked at a spare set of '83 carbs from the stash and there's a small c clip that fits the ends. I'd take the rod down to your ACE Hardware and find a couple that fit. Looks to be about 1/8"....

I gotta add that on this set it looks like someone had drilled a small hole in the right side end and ran a keeper wire thru it. The groove is there, but McGuivered.... It's really hard to get a good look at the ends....

Edited by Condor

I gotta add that on this set it looks like someone had drilled a small hole in the right side end and ran a keeper wire thru it. The groove is there, but McGuivered.... It's really hard to get a good look at the ends....

I also have a spare set for an 83 and is done the same way.

This is a great resource, but it would be kind of hard to talk myself into buying 100 e-clips when I only need 2. It's only 4 bucks so I don't think haveing extras would kill me

Aw go on, like you said its only $4... then send me 2 clips :D you know you want to..

Aw go on, like you said its only $4... then send me 2 clips :D you know you want to..

Send the guy 4 of them, they go flying into never never land sometimes when putting on !!!

Few pictures of two of them. These are to keep throttle cable from wearing into choke rod, cable rides on nylon spacer.

Gary

PICT4384.JPG

PICT5388.JPG

PICT4389.JPG