IGNORED

Muffler mod 98 RSTC

Hi

Have seen the thread about the muffler mod where you cut and move the end pipe section with a Dremel wheel. Is this also recommended on a bike with 4 mufflers? I don't want anything too loud, but my bike still has stocks and is a too quiet.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Have seen the thread about the muffler mod where you cut and move the end pipe section with a Dremel wheel. Is this also recommended on a bike with 4 mufflers? I don't want anything too loud, but my bike still has stocks and is a too quiet.

Point of clarification, if you have a 1998 Tour Classic as stated in your original post or a 98 Tour Deluxe as your signature indicates, and have a 4 to 4 exhaust set up you do not have the stock pipes for that bike, they may be stock Yamaha mufflers , but they are from a different Royal Star model. All of the 98 TC and TD came with 4 to 2 set ups.

None of this helps you with your question, but I will urge caution about modifing the mufflers, once the are done you cannot go back and replacement mufflers and pipes for the early Royal Stars are vey scarce. Some have done that mod and liked it while some have and hated it.