IGNORED

Saw something I'd never seen in my 53 yrs ...

midnightrider1300

I'm 53yrs old and on a ride today I saw something I had never seen in the wild... a momma bobcat and 4 kittens... they (kittens) were soooooo cute, they might have been 4 or 5 months old....Momma was HUGE for a female bobcat I think she'd have weighed around 40/50 lbs....when I first spotted her I thought she was a coyota because of her size...

I have saw several Bobcats while bow-hunting for deer. The best one was my first experience. There was a male and female. The male would chase her down and tackle her and then the fight was on. She would lie on her back and fight him off. I learnt later that it was the normal actions for them when they mate. They breed in winter and give birth in the late spring and summer, and some as late as early fall. I have watched them from as close as 15 yards in a tree stand. My Father In Law once watched one catch a ground squirrel and it carried it to the bottom of his tree and played with it before eating it. He watched the whole thing. That was neat. The KY Department of Fish and Wildlife have done a great job reestablishing the wildcat in KY. We even have a season them now.

I'm 53yrs old and on a ride today I saw something I had never seen in the wild... a momma bobcat and 4 kittens... they (kittens) were soooooo cute, they might have been 4 or 5 months old....Momma was HUGE for a female bobcat I think she'd have weighed around 40/50 lbs....when I first spotted her I thought she was a coyota because of her size...

Oh wow that is neat!

I, for the first time today, saw a crow in her own nest!

Awesome!!! Big part of riding for me is checking out the wildlife. Won't be too long before the Eagles show back up in this area. :)

Several years ago I had a bobcat step out in front of me while up on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Spruce Pine, NC. I saw it step out and was able to slow down. It stood there looking at me and then casually stepped back into the brush. It was neat and a lot bigger than a house cat. I was also close enough to see the fuzzy ears.

RandyA

two years ago Yammer Dan and I took a ride on the backroads during the Asheville rally.We went around a curve into a straight road and there stood a deer in the middle of the road.We slowed down and I laid down on the horn but the deer just stood there,we rode past it and it just stood there looking.I think it was admiring our 1st Gens.

two years ago Yammer Dan and I took a ride on the backroads during the Asheville rally.We went around a curve into a straight road and there stood a deer in the middle of the road.We slowed down and I laid down on the horn but the deer just stood there,we rode past it and it just stood there looking.I think it was admiring our 1st Gens.

Ether that or it was mesmerized by your and Dan's good looks.............................NOT. :rotf: :whistling: :confused24: :stirthepot:

RandyA

I have saw several Bobcats while bow-hunting for deer. The best one was my first experience. There was a male and female. The male would chase her down and tackle her and then the fight was on. She would lie on her back and fight him off. I learnt later that it was the normal actions for them when they mate. They breed in winter and give birth in the late spring and summer, and some as late as early fall. I have watched them from as close as 15 yards in a tree stand. My Father In Law once watched one catch a ground squirrel and it carried it to the bottom of his tree and played with it before eating it. He watched the whole thing. That was neat. The KY Department of Fish and Wildlife have done a great job reestablishing the wildcat in KY. We even have a season them now.

Had a few of the same experiences bow hunting here in Michigan Fuzz.. Had em making their "Baby Scream" cries just after dark one night up there while walking out of the woods,,, make the hair on the back of your neck stand up!!

Some locals here have been posting photos to the news stations of a moose wandering around the area. Might be time to winterize the scoot if he is anywhere near the roads I travel.

Or,,, just strap a set of the biggest, baddest, meanest Moose horns you can find to the front of your bike Dennis!! :stirthepot::backinmyday: