IGNORED

Any rain gear in tall sizes?

Freebird

I need some new rain gear. I have been using Frogg Toggs and they are OK but I want to step up to something a bit more substantial this time. The problem is, I can't seem to find anything with a long enough inseam. I find some tall sizes at some outdoor type stores but they don't have the heat shields on the legs to protect against hot exhausts and etc.

Any of you know of anything?

Guest tx2sturgis

I looked around at the various sites, and only found rainsuits listed from S to XXXXL, which has about the right inseam, but you would be swimming in pants that wide, I assume...

You might have to buy a 2-piece, seperately: a jacket which fits right, say large or extra-large, then buy the XXXL pants, and have them taken up around the waist and leg diameter by a good alteration shop. Its probably not that difficult.

Good luck with this.

HEY....Harley has some nice rain gear but no tall sizes. I'm finding riding pants and jackets in tall sizes that have waterproof liners. Not sure if that is the same as a rain suit though. Some of them are sized to be worn over street clothes though. They are also expensive as compared to regular rain gear.

Guest tx2sturgis
HEY....Harley has some nice rain gear but no tall sizes.

I own a really nice HD 2-piece that I've had for about 15 years or so...it has the Nomex panel on the inside right leg, so no pipe-melted plastic on this baby!

:happy34:

Riding pants usually have a layer of insulation. They will be warmish on hot rainy days, but comfy when the temps drop below say, 70 degrees.

Some info:

http://www.motorcycle-gear-and-riding-info.com/motorcycle-riding-pants.html

Edited by tx2sturgis