IGNORED

best present

mraf

Rode with #1 son to pick up new chair for #2 son from daughter-in-law for Christmas. The chair is nice. BUT THE BOX IT CAME IN IS HUGE. I can't wait for the grandkids to show up in a few days. The best toy is a big box to play in, they're going to have a blast playing with this thing.:thumbsup2::D

My In-laws built a new house back in '86 and my Mother-in-law saved every scrap piece of 2x4 she could find and wrapped them for my 2 boys for Christmas. Man, they built just about everything they could think of. They did get a few mashed fingers, but they healed, and they learned how to use a hammer. It's amazing how we get caught up in the "newest and best", but it's the simple things that usually win out.

Back when we were kids, in Portage Pa., my brothers and neighbor kids use to gather up the cardboard boxes and walk across the RR tracks to the coal dumps...

Was like sledding down a mountain of snow.

Grandma had this big washtub on the back porch she made us get in before we were allowed in her house.

Those were Great times..

Hey... Maybe thats why I like black bikes?:whistling:

When I was a kid, my parents had an artificial x-mas tree. When my mom would set up the tree, I would use the box. I drew dials and stuff on the inside so I had my submarine. I played in that same box every year for about 5 years. After a day or so it kind of got old, so it worked out great. Something new again every year.

Oldest grandson {8} spent the night last night and the box was a hit. He turned it on its side threw his sleeping bag and a few pillows in it toward the TV. Him and I watched "Aliens in the Attic" in it till he fell asleep. He was in his glory. the dog and cat thought it looked inviting and crawled up in there to sleep too.:178::D

My Grandkids have 3 sets of grandparents to make happy, so we had our Xmas Saturday night. We got the youngest granddaughter a toy grocery buggy and baby doll high chair, the next youngest a pink tricycle and helmet, and the 3 year old grandson a Spiderman remote controlled motorcycle.

After everyone opened their gifts, the youngest donned the helmet and jumped on the "bycle". The one we bought the trike for was feeding babies in the toy high chair. The grandson was play shopping with the toy buggy, and the grandkids' dads were playing with the Spidey motorcycle. A good time was had by all!