IGNORED

RSV passing lamps

Sgt. Maj.

I wanted to get a new housing for one of my passing lamps. Yamaha can't order just one. I decided to go with H3 Halogen so they (Yamaha) ordered the ones for the tour deluxe. They have a switch on one of them that I didn't want or need. What do I need to do to make this work, and get rid of the switch? I'm doing a makeover on my 99 RSV , and I'm trying to get things finished before the painted parts are done.

I dont know specificly what the lamps you are talking about look like. A pic would help. But on a guess are you saying the on/off switch is located in the back of one of the lights? I'm going to also take a stab you have the current ones run via a relay and you plan on just using what wiring you already have and connect your "new" lights. I should think that you could just pull the wiring out and access the switch. Disconnect the switch and by pass it, then connect like the current one is. I would try home depot, lowes maybe tractor supply and find a rubber plug to pop in the hole to keep FOD and water out. Dont know if you could find any chrome type cap that would actually seal it.

Yamaha said this was the only light H3 that replaces and they said they are for the tour deluxe. I think you are right about bypassing the switch. I think Squiggly said something about running them straight to the battery in stead of being on the wiring harness of the bike. Hopefully we can find the rubber grommet to close the hole. Thanks for your help.

To seal the old switch hole, just go to the hardware store and get a short chrome allen head cap screw and a nut. I don't remember what size that I used, but they have a wide selection. As long as the screw fits through the hole and the head covers the hole, you are good to go.