well put in igntec computer the 5 month. had carbs rebuilt and seen them in pieces and looked at all pieces. drove it 250 miles a while back went out the next day front right not firing at all cold pipe. took computer out and checked ohms at plugs 109 at pickups and 2.5 for coils. pulled off plug cap. cant remember how to check. where can a person buy one at and is the wire replaceable. and i read some where that the coils could be cracked and test good just not fire. is this true? the cap looks damaged just not sure. any ideas :confused07::think:

well put in igntec computer the 5 month. had carbs rebuilt and seen them in pieces and looked at all pieces. drove it 250 miles a while back went out the next day front right not firing at all cold pipe. took computer out and checked ohms at plugs 109 at pickups and 2.5 for coils. pulled off plug cap. cant remember how to check. where can a person buy one at and is the wire replaceable. and i read some where that the coils could be cracked and test good just not fire. is this true? the cap looks damaged just not sure. any ideas :confused07::think:

I have some extra wires & coils if you want to try used ones.

Gary

Guess the first thing I would check is,,,, is the plug firing. Take the wire off the plug, insert a Phillips screwdriver and then turn it over with the screwdriver close to a ground. If that doesn't fire, check back to the coil to make sure all is connected and right, that includes the cap.

Guess the first thing I would check is,,,, is the plug firing. Take the wire off the plug, insert a Phillips screwdriver and then turn it over with the screwdriver close to a ground. If that doesn't fire, check back to the coil to make sure all is connected and right, that includes the cap.

I like to take the plug wire off and hold it in 1 hand then grab on to a good ground and have someone turn the engine over you will find out if you have spark....lol

i have the little tool that is made for that. want to keep hair long and straight. no need for fried look. ugly enough already. worked at a dodge garage when first electronic ign came out. factory sent out letter warning about the shock, and the pin in hood to head sin-drum.