IGNORED

just got home from riding Natchez Trace

midnightrider1300

From Nashville home... GORGEOUS ride, colors were beautiful, perfect day to ride. We started out eating at the Loveless Cafe and then hitting the road.we had a heavy coat then went light jacket, then Short sleeve. It was so NICE!!! Kinda funny I've ridden the trace many times both ways, but saw things I've never seen . I told my wife it was almost like riding it for the 1st time.

Dang guy... If Iwould have known, I would have rode up to Nashville and met you and would have rode the trace up to Hwy 25 in MS and then headed back to Huntsville.

About 5 years ago, I led a VR Meet and ride that started in Natches, MS. up to Nashville, Tn., and it was a three night 4 day ride.

A bunch of us met up in Natches... went out for dinner, met the next morning and rode up to Starkville... it rained the WHOLE day... everyone had pretty much a bad day of riding..so bad that no one even wanted to meet up for dinner in Starkville. Everyone ordered delivery to the motel..

The next day was a whole lot better.. no rain, a little cool, but nice.. As we were riding north, there was a bunch more VR members at a scenic view parking lot waiting for all of us to go by.. however, we stopped in the parking lot and met them all. They rode with us the rest of the way and we all stopped at Lovelace cafe and had dinner.. then many of us headed to Nashville to our motels..and some went home that evening.

The next day we all went our separate ways..

All in all it wasnt that bad.. Sure wish the rain would not have spoiled day 1, but we all made it safe home..

Dang guy... If Iwould have known, I would have rode up to Nashville and met you and would have rode the trace up to Hwy 25 in MS and then headed back to Huntsville.

About 5 years ago, I led a VR Meet and ride that started in Natches, MS. up to Nashville, Tn., and it was a three night 4 day ride.

A bunch of us met up in Natches... went out for dinner, met the next morning and rode up to Starkville... it rained the WHOLE day... everyone had pretty much a bad day of riding..so bad that no one even wanted to meet up for dinner in Starkville. Everyone ordered delivery to the motel..

The next day was a whole lot better.. no rain, a little cool, but nice.. As we were riding north, there was a bunch more VR members at a scenic view parking lot waiting for all of us to go by.. however, we stopped in the parking lot and met them all. They rode with us the rest of the way and we all stopped at Lovelace cafe and had dinner.. then many of us headed to Nashville to our motels..and some went home that evening.

The next day we all went our separate ways..

All in all it wasnt that bad.. Sure wish the rain would not have spoiled day 1, but we all made it safe home..

Eck, ScaryLarry & any1 else that wants to we'll meet and will ride up the trace , and make a day of it.....

Edited by midnightrider1300
left out something

NT is a great ride, did it solo a couple years ago on my vtx, camped three nights, was hot as blazes with humidity but still had a great time. Gonna go back and do it again with the wife on the RSV at some point.

Took a couple side trips, surprised an uncle in Raymond, MS, went by my G.fathers old farm in Leipers Fork, NT took some of his land and he fought in court to get more $ for the timber he had been growing for decades. NT is built on the remains of my Great Gfathers home. You can see the farm (now owned by Ashley Judd) as you go by the Garrison Road horse camp. Spent a couple weeks every summer as a child at the farm, so many great memories.

The Trace must be a lot better the farther north you go. On our trip out east last year, the Honey and I rode it from Tupelo north to Cherokee, Al and was bored out of our mind. It was a tunnel of pine trees for 70 miles. Couldn't wait to get off of it.

Obviously, we need to give it another chance and ride farther north to Nashville.

Leipers Fork is where a lot of the stars are moving to... BEAUTIFUL area... IF I were to live in the Nashville area I know that is where I'd want to live....

Yep, many years ago while driving around the area with my uncle he would point out where different music stars were buying up farms building big homes. Used to see tour buses parked out front from time to time. Some years later he sold most of his farm to mother Judd and then when my G.father passed away daughter Judd (I believe it was Ashley)bought most of his farm which was adjoining my uncles there on Garrison road.

Knoxville paper has been doing some articles where people been using "Greespace" laws to take big tax breaks around the state, evidently one reason that farms are being bought up. Here is a link to one of the articles.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/oct/18/trees-help-shade-tennessees-wealthy-from-taxes/

The Trace must be a lot better the farther north you go. On our trip out east last year, the Honey and I rode it from Tupelo north to Cherokee, Al and was bored out of our mind. It was a tunnel of pine trees for 70 miles. Couldn't wait to get off of it.

Obviously, we need to give it another chance and ride farther north to Nashville.

Yea the southern part can be somewhat boring, I would stop at all the historical markers to break it up, learned a lot about the native indians along the way also

The Al,Tn section to me was the more scenic, also found me a swimming hole :) in a park right next to where the NT crosses Tn River. The NTP Arches bridge is awesome to ride over, feels like you're in a plane looking down at the valley below. I also have family to visit when in the Nashville area which is nice. Also did a little hiking at the one point overlooking a valley.

U got off way to early...really it gets better about fall hollow.......now mind you it's NOT the dragon tail... u have to STOP along the way and check out the views...

Guest scarylarry
Eck, ScaryLarry & any1 else that wants to we'll meet and will ride up the trace , and make a day of it.....

Only time I will have is next Tuesday or Wednesday after that it would have to be in Dec.

Guest scarylarry
darnit... i'm regulated to Sundays & Mondays as I work the other days ..... but Dec can be good :)

That is the only days I have off been working 6 to 7 days with a day off every 2 weeks..

I'm off 2 days next week and then leave for the Keys the following week for 3 weeks in Nov. So Dec would be great for me too..

• 2 years later...