IGNORED

got the RSTD RUNNING

pmelah

thanks to the awesome help of Tazmocycle the 99 RSTD is running it has a fowled plug but running also some carbon build up on the lifters that should clean up with seafoam but it runs and as far as im concerned it runs better than it has all year cause it hasn't run at all this is an anniversary gift from my wife last year and i finally got to ride it although a short ride around the block. it felt good to chase the front tire and handled great now to get the front brakes to work right they want to stay engaged not relasing i guess from sitting for so long i will flush the brakes tomorrow :cool10::cool10::322::whistling::cool10::cool10::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Yeh Walter, I wish I could. Of course I have to work. Ya'll alway's do these things when I'm on....:think: I think it's a conspiracy. I heard somone was going to have a color tune there too, man that's just the thing I want to do to the old girl. Maybe next time. One would think in 4 year's I could have a day off when there's a md goin on. :depressed:

paul, glad you got it going! sorry you didn't get to barber's with me, had a great time there. also meet, our scrc 1st oficer and he was meeting up with a couple of guys who are starting up Motus touring bikes here in birmingham that has a v-4 in it too, their taking orders and deposits on bikes to be built in 2012 for 2013 sales.

http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/mst-01.html

we rode on some back roads and main roads to their shop in downtown birmingham and on to dinner at a local hangout where these guys are showing off their bike. after we came off a winding road to a 3 lanes road, the 2 guys took off full throttle after a bmw 1200 that came flying past us, then we came up to a stop light and when it went green they all took off again. i got on mine a few seconds after and caught the motus in 3rd place and stayed there for about half mile where we exited to stop by their office.

Short video of a BMW k1200 about to get spanked by the Motus MTR. Also added a couple of videos to my YouTube channel.

That yellow shirt is Don taking off quite briskly..

You can't see much of the action because he was getting far behind us while running and he was on a yamaha warrior. they were talking a lot about their bike and the bmw1200, but didn't say much about the 11 yr old, 75,000 mile v-4 run up on their azzes!!LOL! i hope to meet up again with them in the near future. their bikes are going for over $30,000 for the 2 models they have. they kept talking about the sound of the engine, but it sounds really tingy and knocky. there several videos of the bike running. katech is building the motor based on a corvette engine as seen in this link

http://www.cyclematters.com/motorcycle-blog/motorcycle-model-news/motus-motorcycles-katech-engines-partner-to-create-worlds-first-injected-v4-engine-kmvr.cfm

well, i guess i'll stay with a proven product for now.

on your brakes, you may want to pull the pads and pump out the pistons about 3/4 of the way and clean the dust and crud around and up inside the rubber boots. then you can push the pistons back in and put pads back in and then bleed them till new fuild comes out.

Edited by tazmocycle