IGNORED

Carb Sync

naturbar

i purchased a Carbtune about two years ago and shortly thereafter sync'd my carb. i thought it wouldn't hurt to re-sync, so i hooked up the Carbtune and lo and behold all four bars were within a gnat behind of each other. to those who are more familiar with syncing, my question - "is it normal for the carbs to stay synchronized"? btw the bike has been running great and i don't really have any complaints after 36k miles.

you want to know if it's normal for your bike not to be broke and running fine???????????????????? I would say yes that is pretty normal for a Venture sir. ;)

Reliability has been my (short term) experience with the VR. :thumbsup: with other machines it's been my experience that with regular use, decent fuel, occasional fuel additive, and proper winter storage my carbs stay running fine.

i purchased a Carbtune about two years ago and shortly thereafter sync'd my carb. i thought it wouldn't hurt to re-sync, so i hooked up the Carbtune and lo and behold all four bars were within a gnat behind of each other. to those who are more familiar with syncing, my question - "is it normal for the carbs to stay synchronized"? btw the bike has been running great and i don't really have any complaints after 36k miles.

My guess is that if you ever have to do any work on the bike that may affect the carb sync you will want to re=sync them again. With time and mileage the Valve shim clearences will change possible affecting carb sync. The manual says that for carb sync to be acurate the valve Shim adjustment proceedure should be done first.