IGNORED

error codes

Brown Angel

The error codes on the compressor for a 86 , e4,e2, what do they mean? I heard the guys talking about how the rear shock could just be a regular shock and wondered where to look and what to read up on for anyone doing this?

I think the computer is the issue with my loss of air.

:confused24::fingers-crossed-emo

Try this link Angel. BTW it was great to meet you both and to share a couple nights of campfire at least!

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=493

If this doesnt work go into forums, 1st gen tech. second page and you will see error code repair. I did my own on my first gen and it really was simple and worked great.

Shoot I just noticed that you guys are in Fort Wayne. Guess where we spent one night on our return home? Yeppers right at Fort Wayne. It was the 9th or 10th.....night of the big storm that went through.

Yes, most likely it is poor solder contacts on the controller board, the usual problem for error messages. The solder is 25 years old and been subjected to vibrations all these years. Could also be a leak from one of the "O" rings on one of the lines, or could be coming from the front forks losing pressure from the fork seals...

my computer wont display anything so i dont know what code it gives if any code and i have to push the plug in hard to get it to work if it will work at all but when the compressor does come on i still get no display im gona brake it down tomorrow re-solder everything and see what i get from that

Try this link Angel. BTW it was great to meet you both and to share a couple nights of campfire at least!

If this doesnt work go into forums, 1st gen tech. second page and you will see error code repair. I did my own on my first gen and it really was simple and worked great.

Shoot I just noticed that you guys are in Fort Wayne. Guess where we spent one night on our return home? Yeppers right at Fort Wayne. It was the 9th or 10th.....night of the big storm that went through.

hope you and Marilyn are doing well Rick. Keep on riding.

Mine were broken too! :cool10:

Here are the codes as copied from my owners manual

E1 - Shows trouble on the system. (If detected by self check when power is turned on)

E2 - Air preasure does not rise when the air compressor is operated

E3 - The air compressor has been operated continuously for about one minute

E4 - The preasure sensor has no output voltage

E5 - Control unit has trouble

E6 - Air preasure does not drop with the discharge valve opened.

Hope this helps. However more often then not it is a cold solder joint opr crack as previously mentioned. The solder joints tend to look like little cones. Look for a little black ring around the cone usually about half way up the cone.

Here are the codes as copied from my owners manual

E1 - Shows trouble on the system. (If detected by self check when power is turned on)

E2 - Air preasure does not rise when the air compressor is operated

E3 - The air compressor has been operated continuously for about one minute

E4 - The preasure sensor has no output voltage

E5 - Control unit has trouble

E6 - Air preasure does not drop with the discharge valve opened.

Hope this helps. However more often then not it is a cold solder joint opr crack as previously mentioned. The solder joints tend to look like little cones. Look for a little black ring around the cone usually about half way up the cone.

It was a Even constantly and the broken welds on 7 was why. I tell you lastnight I didn't know what to think and the 12dollars we spend on this site is way cool but what I learn and help someone else is priceless. Thanks

:cool10::080402gudl_prv:k