IGNORED

Eliminating the CB/Intercom system?

83 Standard. Looking into cleaning up a rats nest of wiring and would like to have some input on whether I should eliminate the cb/intercom system. If I do I would add in a conventional am/fm radio in its place for those times the wife might want to hear some tunes. For me I'd never use either of them due to poor hearing.

Considering the bike I thought keeping it simple would be the way to go.

Thoughts pro & con are welcome.

Larry

My first suggestion is NO!!!

I was working on mine 84 to have it working, and you have a special done for the CB that you have.

However, you should be able to use the wiring for headset connected to the AM/FM or an MP3.

Somebody posted a Marine one that seems pretty nice to allocate on the covers...

IMHO...

83 Standard. Looking into cleaning up a rats nest of wiring and would like to have some input on whether I should eliminate the cb/intercom system. If I do I would add in a conventional am/fm radio in its place for those times the wife might want to hear some tunes. For me I'd never use either of them due to poor hearing.

Considering the bike I thought keeping it simple would be the way to go.

Thoughts pro & con are welcome.

Larry

i seen the post of the marine radio with pics and it looks klean the way it was installed so i agree with bongobobny do what meets your needs and if you do pull the cb/icom and want to getrid of it i would be intrested as my venture does not have the cb/icom system or the rats nest wiring

i seen the post of the marine radio with pics and it looks klean the way it was installed so i agree with bongobobny do what meets your needs and if you do pull the cb/icom and want to getrid of it i would be intrested as my venture does not have the cb/icom system or the rats nest wiring

PM sent

Larry-

If the existing system works, why change it???

One thing to consider is if you can get replacement right and left cover panels. They might be difficult to find.

Regarding adding a system to another bike. If your bike harness has the connectors, it's plug it in. Without you have to rewire but it can be done. My son Sam added one to an '83.