IGNORED

Tomephil taking the long road to to the international

tomephil

hey Tom, will call you in a few when we're closer to the Trail.

Ok, good luck with that the plastic. I was going to tell you about plastic welding last night but maybe try the other methods first the other guys are more knowledgeable on this than me.

I think we are going to try to find a camp spot in cape Briton for the weekend and will try to ride. It then but will see on the weather and....

Plastic welding makes plastic more brittle but i have had to do most of my trunk bottom sinking aluminum screen in the plastic for support.

Take care,

Tom

More cracking?

Far right outer windshield fairing windshield bolt hole cracked on top of the hole but the bolts keep loosening up. I picked up some clear silicone and tightened the bolts with this on the threads. I will check tomorrow night to see if the bolts loosen up again.

The whole upper fairing can bounce a bit on bad roads. I understood this was normal but how do you tell when the rubber spacers need to be changed and is it easy to change:

My rear shock is now groaning so it doesnt look good for that. I checked the post on that but no tools etc. To add oil no w.

But the roads are great. We had fresh lobster in peggys cove for supper. I want to hunt down dealers in halifax tomorrow. I want to get that progressive suspension pump you have.

Later

Good luck finding that pump in no-mans land. Other than a boat motor, have they ever heard of Yamaha there !? :rotf:

A little ABS glue may fix that crack and some rubber washers may stop the screws from loosening, look in the plumbing department. Are you sure you're not riding a Harley :stickpoke: :duck:

Have a good time but where's the pictures? Have you found your Grandfathers statue yet ?

Good luck finding that pump in no-mans land. Other than a boat motor, have they ever heard of Yamaha there !? :rotf:

A little ABS glue may fix that crack and some rubber washers may stop the screws from loosening, look in the plumbing department. Are you sure you're not riding a Harley :stickpoke: :duck:

Have a good time but where's the pictures? Have you found your Grandfathers statue yet ?

No pics yet, it takes about 5 minutes to fire the playbook up. By that time its too late. I will try the silicone first.

Actually it is just a grave site. I dont think we can get up to cape briton for a while. A weather system has come in.

Harley... Awwwww.

Looks beautiful! I was wondering how you were making out on your adventure. Hope the fairing/windshield is holding up ok. See ya at the rally.

:080402gudl_prv: Craig

Thanks Craig,

I am now shimming the rubber mounts on my handle bars as the whole front fairing is starting to bounce on rough roads. I am also going to try to get the bike into a dealership mechanic as it is starting to wear me down.

Hey, we will see you in a few weeks!

Tom

Tom

It looks like we will be staying at the campground. I need to have electricity for my airconditioner...lol! I will not be sleeping in the heat like we did in Arkansas ever again!

I must say we are all enjoying your play by play account of your journey! Give a big biker hug to Terry will ya!

Sarge it is just as bad as Arkansas not quite as hot but very humid and it does not cool at night

Brad

You know, he is from western Manitoba, what can i say... Actually i will say we may get a campground also but will see.

Hi Tom, hope you are able to resolve your problems, hope you and Terry have a good safe trip,Bruce was in for a short cut, he is on his way to Idaho (on the other bike! 3cyl)Take care.. Bryan

Thanks Bryan,

I think the problem is ongoing for now. I just keep tightening the bolts every so often. Its too bad they couldn't find the problem with Bruce's bike but at least he got away.

Its good to have a spare bike or two...

We have been riding down some amazing roads but I am going to try to keep to the main smoother roads until i figure this problem out.

Take care,

Tom

Tom, just talked to Bruce problem solved so he will take his 2300cc and have peace of mind unless he has more problems on the road ,but then maybe he should take one of his Ventures !..I have not experinced any fairing or windsheild problems with my 2000 red one,how is your rear shock? and what are you running for tires? Bryan

Tom, just talked to Bruce problem solved so he will take his 2300cc and have peace of mind unless he has more problems on the road ,but then maybe he should take one of his Ventures !..I have not experinced any fairing or windsheild problems with my 2000 red one,how is your rear shock? and what are you running for tires? Bryan

Thanks Bryan,

Thats good Bruce could get away.

Rear shock is starting to groan a bit. 40,front, 42 rear.

Or maybe thats me groaning. I hope the shock lasts the trip.

In Rocky harbour and while the weather is good, I'm finding the roads rippled a bit,probably from the big trucks. I'm on my way to recheck, tighten the windshield before I ride today.

Take care,

Tom