IGNORED

sirius consolidated diaphrams

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I did a quick search and did not find an answer in the posts I read. I went to the Sirius website and discovered that they list two different diaphrams for my 1986 Venture Royale. One is a package of four SD1 diaphrams and the other is single SD10's. Anybody know which is the best one for my bike and what the difference would be. They look different from each other in the pictures. Price is similar. :confused24:

The SD-1 is for the First Gen. Ventures The SD-10's are for the VMAX. Here is a post from the First Gen. Tech. Library on the install.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32121

Earl

The VMax should be the same as an 86-93 Venture.

I can see the 83-85 Venture being a different # due to the slides being smaller. This is due to a 34mm carb on the MKI's and a MKII's having a 35mm carb. But the VMax's always had the 35mm carbs.

I got a #2 carb body only this winter from a VMax and put everything from my 87 Venture carb into it, and it fit fine. Reason I did this was the #2 body on the VMax has an extra boss on it that the choke linkage mounts to. I eliminated the handle bar choke and went to a carb mounted setup due to VBoost complications.

I have been wrong on multiple occasions though.

Gary

Yes, the V-max is listed with the ventures in the list of bikes that the SD10 fits on thier website. I just wondered if the SD10's were any better or an upgrade to the SD1's. I asked several questions in an email to sirius but didnt get an answer on this point. In the pictures of the two types the bell or cup part of the diaphram looks bigger. Thanks for the replies.

Thanks everyone. I ordered the SD-1's. Still curious what the difference between the two types are though. I am going to their store to pick up my diaphrams. I will ask to see both types and see if anyone there knows why both types are listed as Venture Royale diaphrams.:detective:

Thanks everyone. I ordered the SD-1's. Still curious what the difference between the two types are though. I am going to their store to pick up my diaphrams. I will ask to see both types and see if anyone there knows why both types are listed as Venture Royale diaphrams.:detective:

While you are there, ask them if they will work with us on a discount.

RandyA

Well I broke down and ordered a set of the SD-1 x 4 diaphrams from SCI last Friday. Figured I might as well get the new ones installed for the summer.

Got this reply today.

Sorry sir...we already sold out last week refund on the way and we are

expecting more, in about 4-6 week sir... Mercedes

Dang!

They had already refunded my PayPal before I even received the reply. I got to call that good custumer service.

Guess I need to mark that on my calender to reorder. But they are currently $69.99 for the set and $12.50 for the shipping. Totals at $82.49 through PayPal as a personal transaction.

Mike