IGNORED

Might have tripped myself up

djh3

Well for lack of finding a better place to post these questions, I figured this is probably the catch all place. The wife and I were discussing some vacation plans. We were going to spend like 4 days in Vegas. Not my prefered place but it was partialy paid for. So I got to looking at my schedule and I have some time availabe in mid October. So I suggested we go up to Franklin Nc. A friend of the wifes has a house there we could use as a base. She liked the idea. I know from there we can make alot of day trips out and around, small towns antiques, rock shops etc. My main concern is at that time of year did I make a big mistake weather wise? I know its hard to tell now, but we shouldnt have to worry about snow and that right? WE are just hoping for leaves changing cool weather etc. The farmers almanac is forcasting averages of 68 for high and lows in the mid 40's. Man I hope I aint messed this one up too. :doh:

The area should be pretty good for October. Of course things happen. If you want to hear God laugh, just tell him your plans :)

Our STAR chapter (www.starchapter424.org) usually schedules our last group ride in October (end of Oct) and after that it's call a buddy for a spontaneous ride. We are a ways off from the Franklin area but still fairly similar conditions.

My wife and make a trip every october to Franklin, Cherokee, Maggie Valley and surrounding area. The weather can be cool in the morning but we have always had perfect weather. The best weather was the last weekend in october one year. It was 73 degrees and the leaves were at their peak. It was beautiful. I wouldn't worry about the weather much. Of course, anything can happen.