IGNORED

Dish Network or Direct TV ?

FROG MAN

I have no problems with either service. When you live in the country no cable available it's either satellite tv or nothing. We had direct for a few years and switched to dish to get a discount package and new equipment. Now after 3 years with dish I'm thinking about switching back to direct for new equipment and a package discount for another year. I have no problem with a 18 month contract. My real question is HD receivers and $10 a month for HD service worth it. I can upgrade to direct with a free HD receiver. I could always call dish and negotiate with them to keep my business.Rumour has it dish is asking for a rate increase in Feburary.

If you have an HD TV then I'd go ahead and get the service. See if you can dicker with your present provider. I've done this in the past and they generally have a few 'retainer' deals in their hip pocket in order to keep old customers. If they don't come up with anything, tell 'm your going to go check out the compitition. If you don't have an HD TV but plan on picking one up in the future go ahead get the regular service and add HD when the time comes.

Hey Gerald,

I've got DirecTV, had it for over 10 years now. Earlier this year I gave them a hard time about a DVR as they were giving them away free to new customers. They gave it to me free no problem and changed my dish too.

I've been "negotiating" with them for the last 3 weeks as we now have an HD tv. They wanted $299.00 and $10.00 a month. Again, new customers get a better deal. I reminded them of this and how they shouldn't treat there existing customers badly. So far their last offer to me is $99.00 for the HD DVR and $10.00 a month access fee.

I have been with directv for several years as well. I think the HD content is pretty consistent across both providers. I do like a couple of features on the DirecTv receiver. Not sure if Dish has it or not, but you can plug your HR20 receiver into your network and have access to all of your music, video and pictures stored on the PC.

And for those whom want to get the HDTV , look at the channel lineup . Most HD channels lean towards the Premium packages and PPV's . Our locals already broadcast in HD , but Direct claims it will be a year or so before they can get them up and loaded . Claims that they are spot beamed . :rotf::rotf::rotf: I know , I know :whistling::whistling:

Save your $$$ on SatTV , Get Mamoa a Hulla-Hoop , cooking lessons , watch the creek rise , or better yet.... Ride that 2nd Gen !

BEER30