IGNORED

Smoke Chasing - Weekend BBQ Tour

RedRider

Well, I have 8 states of BBQ left to fulfill my Smoke Chasing requirement. http://www.teamstrange.com/2011/scgt/

Been lazy about it all summer, and now I need to finish it up this weekend. Heading out Friday afternoon and hitting an early dinner at Dickey's BBQ Pit in Davenport, IA and a late night snack at the Dr. of BBQ in Springfield, IL. Sat. breakfast at Ray's in West Memphis, AR, lunch at Central BBQ in Memphis, TN, and afternoon snack at BBQ By Jim in Tupelo, MS. Early dinner will be at Jacks in Florence. AL, with the late night meal at Jack's in Nashville, TN. Sunday morning will start with breakfast at BBQ Inn, Bowling Green, KY and a quick lunch at Wolf's BBQ in Evansville, IN.

Friday night will be staying somewhere south of St Louis, Saturday night somewhere between Nashville and Bowling Green.

Streets and Trips shows it at 1770 miles. Shouldn't have any difficulty with the mileage as long as I can keep the... ahhem..rest stops to a minimum.

Should be at Central BBQ at noon on Saturday if anybody would care to join me. I won't be staying to chat much after the meal, but would enjoy meeting some of the southern contingent.

And, yes, I realize there are 9 BBQ Joints on the list. Never know if one is closed.

RR

Jeff,

Have a great BBQ trip. I know that this is very dooable for you with your iron butt experience. I have to asume that this is not part of your weight loss program. :)

Hope the weather is good for you.

Steve

Don't think Iron Butt is gonna be the issue...

Iron Gutt maybe...