IGNORED

If you get the chance

bj66

Just got back from a vacation with the family. We went over to Minneapolis for a getaway. While there, we took the car over towards Lake City MN. Lake City is on the Mississippi river which makes up the border between Minnesota and Wisconsin. If you ever get a chance to take a bike trip along the river, DO IT.....It is really beautiful country. Red Wing, Lake City, Zumbro Falls, Wabasha. I'm sure the wisconsin side is just as nice. nothing like seeing sailboats etc. on Lake Pepin (mississippi) at Lake City. All in all, a beautiful day, even in the car. I know there is a posting on this kind of a ride in the roads and destinations, but I couldnt help throwing out a reminder.

Yep...Wisconsin side is beautiful. We did the ride south along Mississippi in Minnesota, Iowa down and back up on Wisc side a couple of weeks ago. And if you need a place to stay, check out the Fountain City Motel in Fountain City, Wisc. The couple that run the place are wonderful people and motel is newly updated and very clean. We were told Fountain City is the oldest town in Wisc on the Miss...really neat area.