IGNORED

10mm X 1.0 threads. How common?

Snaggletooth

How common is the 10mm X 1.0 thread on most metric bikes? I think, without checking my manuals that is the proper thread for the spark plugs on our and a lot of others right?

Some are on the forks if I remember right also.

Looking at something but want to check on how much it might get used.

Mike

How common is the 10mm X 1.0 thread on most metric bikes? I think, without checking my manuals that is the proper thread for the spark plugs on our and a lot of others right?

Some are on the forks if I remember right also.

Looking at something but want to check on how much it might get used.

Mike

I think the 10 x 1.25 is a more common metric size.

Gary

Hey Gary,

Is the plug thread 10mm X 1.25 on ours?

I could be wrong here, but I have a decent compression tester, and I just checked the fitting on it, by screwing it into a spare head I have, and it is a 12 x 1.25.

I have a thread gage and I measured compression end, as well as it is marked 12mm

Gary

Hey Bongo,

I have several small Heli-Coil kits that I bought while restoring my '84. PO had a talent for tightening things. Even had to install steel inserts in a few places.

The kits I have are common stuff, 6 & 8mm mostly with a mix of other sizes. I picked these up on the cheap from an assortment of those tool "clearing house" shops around town when they shut down.

I ran across a couple of sources that have a few of the big Heli-Coil kits, needed tools and 24 inserts in each size, with a few short one or two inserts for a pretty fair price. Not cheap but a fair price. So I'm trying to figure out which sizes are the most common to decide which kits to buy. More concerned about the bigger sizes and rather or not I would have any use for them.

Like you said, if you only need it once it's worth it. I have a couple jobs lined up in the next few weeks where the side cases are leaking so I can figure a few Heli-Coils are going to be needed. Rather than pay the high prices for the singles or smaller kits I might as well stock up on sizes I can use on most bikes.

These things are like potato chips on old bikes. They ain't going to need just one.

So therefore.........market research. LOL!

Dingy made me feel lazy last night. He got up and went and checked the plug size while I sat here typing. I had a spare set on heads on the shelf and my compression test set 10 foot any from them. D'oh! Thanks Gary!

Mike

Dingy made me feel lazy last night. He got up and went and checked the plug size while I sat here typing. I had a spare set on heads on the shelf and my compression test set 10 foot any from them. D'oh! Thanks Gary!

Mike

Ya, but it probably was a lot colder in your garage in Omaha, than it was in mine in northern Ohio.

I was here for ya !

:beersign:

Gary

M10x1.0 is not very common on the Yamaha Bikes. I known only two Bolts which definetely have this Thread, it's the rear Motor Mount Bolts on the 1Gen Vmax. Might be the same on the 1Gen Ventures, but i don't know for sure.

You'll find M10x1.25 A LOT more on the japanese Bikes, because that's their "standard" for fine Threads.

We had Winter from End of November until 6, Jan. I was out, riding a 200 km Trip on Jan, 8 with the MAX ...:whistling::whistling::whistling:

If i'd not been on a M/C Fair with a Buddy today i'd been out riding today too.... Sunny and 10 C is good enough for me and i figure we'll have Winter back sooner or later, it had been uncommonly long Winter here for the last two Seasons, so i don't expect this Drama beeing over.

I didn't park the bike this year unitl late December. Pretty late in the year for me but no snow, and I can live with the cold. Had a few mornings when I found some unexpected frosty spots but that is just part of the excitement. Now the roads are covered in salt residue so I guess I waiting for the spring rains now.

My neighboor thinks I'm certifiable as he parks his bike when it drops into the 50's F. Wussy!

Good to hear from ya. Ya'll take care.

Mike

this may not be the place for this but i have a question about mirror mounting bolt threads. i was/am interested in a Muth Mirror but after inquiring about them they told me they dont make a mounting sys. for the yamaha at all it there a bolt adapter from metric to sae threads that will fit , has anyone uesd these mirrors before. the turn signals are in the mirror face and front side also thanks for the help:confused07::confused07::confused07::Venture: