IGNORED

hELP with antennas

cattle man

Not sure what you are asking exactly...are you thinking about going to a single antenna for both AM/FM and the CB? Be a little more specific and you'll get a lot more help from the site.

You can run both the CB and the AM/FM antenna from a single Antenna and there are other options for an Antenna instead of the stock whips. Check out this:

http://www.walcottcb.com/firestik-fl3b-firefly-foot-flexible-antenna-p-897.html

I replaced both antennas on my 04 RSV and i love the results and the looks of them.

Sorry, I was not very clear. I would like to stay with 2 antennas like that look, lots of cb. antennas are offered dont know about am,fm, want them to match as close as possible!!!! I need to know if cb. antenna will receive fm stations?? And what brands would any body recommend.Hope sombody can help.

Sorry, I was not very clear. I would like to stay with 2 antennas like that look, lots of cb. antennas are offered dont know about am,fm, want them to match as close as possible!!!! I need to know if cb. antenna will receive fm stations?? And what brands would any body recommend.Hope sombody can help.

To answer the actual question: Yes the CB antenna will receive AM/FM quiet well, with the exceptions being distant stations while on the open road. Any OEM Venture CB antenna will screw right on in place of the straight AM whip.

I too run the same firestik 3' antennas for both. I kept the two antennas as well, I like the look. Follow the link to the Marshall Mod posted earlier. I followed it exactly (with teh exception of the folding mounts) and i had no issues at all. It is a bit of a pain to strip the bike naked (fairing, tank, both seats and the trunk) to run the AM/FM cable but i took the opportunity to use dielectirc grease on everything and also to get some cleaning done on some hard to reach spots.

Give me a call if you run into any issues. I can probably help out since i just did mine two weeks ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Would like to thank all of you for your help!!!! All of the web sites were helpful. I have been real busy so just got this little project finished last nite. I went with 2 foot ant. black,got the standing wave to 1.5 really like the look, dont know how much range they will have,but its suppose to be upper 60 here this weekend will know more then. Thanks again for your help!!!!

Have a look at this link......

http://bludolphintravel.com/gmg/marshallmod.htm

Hope that helps...

Keith

I have this set up on my bike and everyone says I sound real clear and I hear everyone else great. Better AM/FM reception too.. You can call or e-mail Marshall too and he is usally willing to walk you through it.