IGNORED

What the %*&#? There's a switch down there!

Well now I know. Thanks to Freebird, I was looking at the passing lamp factory installation instructions in the tech library to find out how to adjust the aiming of the lamps. Who would have guessed that the adjustment CAN NOT be made from outside the lamps? You have to go inside, make an adjustment, put it back together and check it, then if it's not right, go through it again! Darn poor design, but at least now I know.

Well, while I was looking through the instructions I found that there is a switch in the wiring circuit! I'm the 2nd owner, the PO had the lamps installed by his dealer. I thought that the lamps came on with the ignition switch, no other option. That little push button switch down by the 12V outlet is so well hidden I would never have found it without having access to the information in the instruction manual.

A big THANK YOU to the Freebird, you're the man!

Guest scarylarry
Did you find that button for the Turbo yet??

I know where it is on a 1st Gen...:whistling:

Switch for the turbo??????

Mine kicks in when I hit 6th gear and the EFI drops down cause of the RPM's being so around 9k....

Never seen a over ride switch

Guest scarylarry
I can see you don't ride a 1st Gen!!:whistling:

Why should I? Then I would have adjust carbs. pull a choke out for them cold mornings and then there is the turbo issue....:whistling:

Well now I know. Thanks to Freebird, I was looking at the passing lamp factory installation instructions in the tech library to find out how to adjust the aiming of the lamps. Who would have guessed that the adjustment CAN NOT be made from outside the lamps? You have to go inside, make an adjustment, put it back together and check it, then if it's not right, go through it again! Darn poor design, but at least now I know.

Well, while I was looking through the instructions I found that there is a switch in the wiring circuit! I'm the 2nd owner, the PO had the lamps installed by his dealer. I thought that the lamps came on with the ignition switch, no other option. That little push button switch down by the 12V outlet is so well hidden I would never have found it without having access to the information in the instruction manual.

That's pretty funny! A buddy of mine had his Midnight for about 3 months before I showed him the same switch. Quite the "duh" moment!

Don't feel bad. I had my bike for about 2 months before I found the outlet right next to your switch! :doh:

I can thank the PO for showing that switch to me. Otherwise they'd still be on. The only time I ever used them on the '83 was when traveling out in the middle of nowhere at night, and the same holds true for the '99. Can't see much use for them in the daytime... I know someone will chime in with all the benefits of being seen, but the head light is enough for me. I don't want anyone to see me... I want to keep an eye on them... Day dream on a scoot and it will become a nightmare...

Guest scarylarry
I can thank the PO for showing that switch to me. Otherwise they'd still be on. The only time I ever used them on the '83 was when traveling out in the middle of nowhere at night, and the same holds true for the '99. Can't see much use for them in the daytime... I know someone will chime in with all the benefits of being seen, but the head light is enough for me. I don't want anyone to see me... I want to keep an eye on them... Day dream on a scoot and it will become a nightmare...

Most any other place I would have debated with you the daytime part but since you are in Ca. I ain't going there I drove in that state once and that was enough for me...Cycles pull up between 2 cars at a light and it is legal...The cagers was a trick in itself watch driving..

Most any other place I would have debated with you the daytime part but since you are in Ca. I ain't going there I drove in that state once and that was enough for me...Cycles pull up between 2 cars at a light and it is legal...The cagers was a trick in itself watch driving..

Scary... Huh, Larry?? :sign woo hoo:

Guest scarylarry
Scary... Huh, Larry?? :sign woo hoo:

Yea to say the least, never seen a bike pull up between me another cager, here they would run over them, and L.A. oh hell no I would never live there much less vist...

Sorry Here it is again.

You found the clock yet??

Guest scarylarry
Reminds me of my late buddy Al, coming in with his encyclopedia of an owners manual for his Caddy, this was after owning it for about 6 weeks. He says, "This thing has a CD player in the #$^# trunk!" A very funny moment, ya kinda had to be there!;)

Now that is funny?

You found the clock yet??

Finding it is the easy part, try adjusting it, or the radio station ? :think:

Mel someone pointed the switch out to me as soon as I bought the bike lucky me or I may have not found it for a while.

Brad

I was riding with a friend of mine a couple years ago and I mentioned the headlight adjustment knob on my '07 RSV and he said "I wish I had one on my '02". Then he looked and found it......after having the bike for 5 years....:bang head:

Don't feel bad.. the PO of MY bike had a radar detector installed inside where the cassette deck used to be.. and I live in a province where it's illegal to possess one in a vehicle.. It wasn't till later that someone told me what the device was.. egads!! Imagine getting pulled over and explaining that one..

I didn't know the RSV had something behind the panel, it never occurred to me that it was a pop down panel in the first place lol. . So much I learned since then..

What me? I dunno what it is.. huh? what? but but.. blam.

Quote:

No there is clock on th 2nd gens.

I've got two. One on the handlebar near the front brake reservoir, and that other digital thing that replaces all of the other digital information. Seems like they could have put in a seperate clock display that would be available all the time. Not 21st century, kind of like a cassette deck.

A while back, while we were waiting at a truck stop for Gunkylump and Beth, we met another couple who had owned their RSV for several months. He was showing me that he had mounted a dual 12 volt accessory plug on the right side, just above his lowers. He said he installed it because he needed power to his GPS, etc...

I showed him where the factory plug was installed in the left side of the fairing, as well as the switch for the driving lights. At first, he gave me that "deer in the headlights" look, and then we laughed. He had no idea they were there.

I guess alot of people miss it.

And this is why people need to pay attention when 'washing' their bikes (if they don't wash their bikes then they really should)..

As your hands glide across your bike, you get to find loose items, missing items and NEW items as well ;) My RSV is my first 'large' bike, touring etc and man o man, I feel I was fortunate that several members in my bike club also have RSV and were helpful in sorting me out on the bike..

Did you find the second power outlet on the bike yet? hehe