IGNORED

Garmin map update

Sideoftheroad

Got this e-mail today. My question is what was the price before. $90 for lifetime updates sounds pretty cheap to me, but want to compare to what it was before. Wouldn't sound like such a great deal is say it was $100 before. Now if it was like $250 that's a good savings.

We've lowered the price for map updates.

Now it costs less to keep your maps updated. This is great news, because streets, highways, and points of interest are constantly changing. So now when you take advantage of our quarterly map updates it costs less to make sure you have access to the most current map data.

It’s very easy to do, and you have two great update options from which to choose

nüMaps Lifetime™

This one-time purchase, now as low as $89.99, lets you download the most up-to-date map information available...for the lifetime of your Garmin device. No monthly fees, no maintenance costs. You can update every time a quarterly map update is released and not pay again.

That sounds like a pretty good price. I just payed $80.00 for a one time update about a month ago. And to tell you the truth, I didn't notice much difference. it is still very much out of date. So I mostly use my droid, seems more accurate with more info.

Got this e-mail today. My question is what was the price before. $90 for lifetime updates sounds pretty cheap to me, but want to compare to what it was before. Wouldn't sound like such a great deal is say it was $100 before. Now if it was like $250 that's a good savings.

We've lowered the price for map updates.

Now it costs less to keep your maps updated. This is great news, because streets, highways, and points of interest are constantly changing. So now when you take advantage of our quarterly map updates it costs less to make sure you have access to the most current map data.

It’s very easy to do, and you have two great update options from which to choose

nüMaps Lifetime™

This one-time purchase, now as low as $89.99, lets you download the most up-to-date map information available...for the lifetime of your Garmin device. No monthly fees, no maintenance costs. You can update every time a quarterly map update is released and not pay again.

It's for the life time of your device, and the way GPS's bite the dust that's not very long. Now if it were for any device it would be a deal... And if the marketing department actually thought about it a bit, it would instill product loyalty. But what do they know.... I wouldn't waist the money... And I wonder why I didn't get that notice?? Mine's registered with Garmin...

I don't think it's a real good deal. I've purchased my life time updates for less from other Garmin GPS vendors. I figure the life of any GPS unit is less than 5 years. How often do you need to update? It takes at least two years to build a new road unless you like to keep current where the latest ATM locations.