Does anyone have a right side throttle grip they want to get rid of. The '99's is just plain ugly. Too many twists on it. The left side looks great, and would like to find something in about the same condition. The right looks like it's shrunk and pulled out of the chrome ring and the ends are curled up. Attached are a couple of picks. Anyway hoping someone may have a grip laying around after putting on some Kuryakyns.

I do sir, off my 08

Thanks Hulk, but I was hoping to find someone with a grip in the US due to the cost of shipping down here from Canada. If nothing shows up, and you haven't changed your mind about selling it, I'd certainly like to reconsider...

Cant you get a set at your local Yamaha dealership???

From page F4 of the parts manual:

4NK-26241-00-00 GRIP (LEFT) (About $US 16 on the internet)

4XY-26240-00-00 GRIP ASSEMBLY (RIGHT) (about $US 37 on the internet)

The right assembly runs $54 bucks locally. I suppose if you searched the net you might find one for around $37 + shipping, but I usually find that when an internet dealer has them priced cheap they pad the shipping. I was hoping to find just the material and replace it, but no luck... :( They have the replacement foam for the 1stGen grips, but I guess they figured 2ndGens will never wear out. I can find leather covers for around $15 bucks, but I do like the feel of the OEM grip material.... Thanks for the suggestion, but I've been down that road. Thinking.... :think: The left side cost a lot less. I wonder if I could remove the cover off a new one and install it on the right side???

• 1 month later...

Hey condor. Ive got a set of just the rubber i took off when I put heated grips. That was my first priorty when I got the new 07 so they only have a few gripping miles on them. I dont know how much I streched them out when I took them off but I did it pretty careful. Anyway, shoot a pm with your address and they are on there way to you FREE!

Got a pair of OEM's floating around here too. If bmorcom doesn't come thru for ya llet me know.

Larry

Larry... Brett. I just PM'd Jercoupe. I couldn't pass up the price... :sign woo hoo: Thanks for chiming in, and if I screw these up you may be hearing from me.. :)