IGNORED

2nd gen trans into 1st gen pics

i guess you just want hang out back with us, that is so nice. good to have you back here!

The above statement should be stricken as it could be used against the 2nd genners as an admission that a 2nd gen is slower than a 1st gen ... which is completely FALSE! :stickpoke: :witch_brew: :Laugh:

The above statement should be stricken as it could be used against the 2nd genners as an admission that a 2nd gen is slower than a 1st gen ... which is completely FALSE! :stickpoke: :witch_brew: :Laugh:

people who say the 2nd gen is just as fast or quick as 1st gen...never really rode a 1st gen. As the since the 1st gen's have a hgher readline 7500 vs 6500, compression ratio, larger carbs, etc.Means MORE POWER. and supports what every 'cycle magazine that have tested it. Thus, Less than 80 rwhp. But still better than an H-D in acceleration. The YAmaha adds for RSV said 98ho is at the crank. But Yamamha was not going to tell you the 1st gens they replaced had 110hp at the crank. Right after the RSV came out, I spoke to the REPS from Yamaha who said just what you see here.They are realists. Anyone want to ride their RSV with me ..I can show them :whistling:. Don't misunderstand, I like the RSV more compared to H-D any day.

The reason I wanted to do the swap was with the 2nd gen RSV transmission and the V-Max rear, 1st a 2nd were lower, 3rd and 4th were about the same and 5th was slightly higher. In other words, the spacing on the gear ratios were a little wider. That would give a little better 1st gear acceleration with a slightly higher 5th gear.

RandyA

I revived the thread because of my curiosity on the technical issues. I had no intention of starting a pissing match between brethren. :no-no-no:

Yep, you just joined. This has been going on since they came out with the new and improved? 2nd gens. Don't worry about it as it is all in good fun.

RandyA

Yep, you just joined. This has been going on since they came out with the new and improved? 2nd gens. Don't worry about it as it is all in good fun.

RandyA

me... just having too much fun waking up the sleepy and delerious:sick:. Nice to know there are options regarding the tranny and rear drives...:080402gudl_prv: