IGNORED

The WHINE Poll

SilvrT

Make one of the following choices regarding the "whine"  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Make one of the following choices regarding the "whine"

• Never had it.
    • Have it - it can be bothersome at times.
    • Have it - drives me crazy.
    • Have it - it doesn't bother me.
    • Have it - nothing I've tried makes it go away.
    • Had it - the "I" basket fixed it.
    • Had it - MotorKote helped reduce it.
    • Other (state in a response)

I've always had a whine, but I didn't really notice it until I put in Motorkote. I don't blame the product, I blame the thread for making me listen for it and become conscious of it.

I got her at 2,002 miles, and she has 32,800+ now (in case durability of whine is of interest).

Dave

Got mine when I was about 21 years old and had it every since. It's tends to get worse at times but usually not to loud and I am able to deal with it. I don't turn the volume of the radio up because that seems to make it louder.

I've never tried the "I" basket but candy and flowers seem to make it less bothersome.:big-grin-emoticon:

BOO

Had the 2nd Gen for about 6 months and never knew I had the whine untill I read it here,now mine has it,not bad,Tolerable..Now the 1st Gen is extremely loud and I try to outrun it but the bike is too slow.I can live with it but the more I read about it the louder it gets.Guess I better stop reading.:mytruck1:Really quiet like this and gas mileage is great.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

the poll is regarding motorcycles ... but seeing as how the above has been mentioned, I simply kicked mine in the arse and let the door finish the job while she was on the way out... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Oh, Oh, well, I see, Motorcycles....humm.... Yeah well I have ridden motorcycles longer than most of you been alive and a lot of them were real junkers, oil leaks, gas leaks and grinding gears and bearings.

I figure I am sitting on top a 100HP more or less engine with a five speed tyranny, drive shaft and rear end. Seems like it should make some noise.

I wear a helmet so I don't hear it to much so I just ignore it and enjoy the ride....

BOO