IGNORED

Turn signal conversion

Mark,

Many threads on this topic. I used the 100 led tail light board from Customdymanics. They also make led turn replacements. For the RTB controller, I used Kuryakyn # 4613 in my 09 RSV. Kuryakyn shows this for the old roadstar 1600, but it is a direct plug / play for our rsv's and plugs in under the drivers seat. Much easier to use then splicing in other controlers and comes with everything to balance loads. Picture of the back of mine isn't the best but gives an idea.

Mark,

. Kuryakyn shows this for the old roadstar 1600, but it is a direct plug / play for our rsv's and plugs in under the drivers seat. Much easier to use then splicing in other controlers and comes with everything to balance loads. Picture of the back of mine isn't the best but gives an idea.

Well crap. I wish I had researched a little more. I did the splice trick and gave up on the load equalizer. I just have fast blinkers.

Live and learn.

This is a thread from an expired trial member. Would this efect the turn signal flash timing. This is exactly what I am looking to do since I don't really care for the look of the L E Ds in the tail or turn signals. I am getting the signal dynamics lightbar and don't mind the look of the LEDs there. I can buy the front turn signal assembly for around 40 bucks each.

Whaduyathink????

Mark :thumbsup:

........... I bought a set of YAMAHA RSV front signals on eBay for cheap that are dual filament. I removed the single filament rear signals and installed the front ones on the rear. Then I acquired a set of red replacement lenses from KURYAKYN for $10 a pair. Now I have red signals to the rear as well as additional red running lights on either side of the central tail-light. I used to run the set-up from The Electrical Connection but after replacing 2 failed amber LED rings, I chucked them in the garbage. They have a life-time warranty, but after 2 failures I decided to go the dual filament signals to the rear.

Works for me.....................

............... the direct fit red lenses are available from KURYAKYN now for $9.99 or less for the pair. You can also use H/D, but why ??

Anyhow.............. reach up under the rear fender and remove the two small bolts per turn signal. Access the wiring jungle in behind the licence plate and unplug the signals............. 2 wires per side. Remove the signals and reinstall the 3 wire variety. They bolt up exactly the same and the wiring is exact except for the additional function. Splice this extra wire into the running/clearance light wire that powers the tail-light. Presto-chango............... the job is done

This is a thread from an expired trial member. Would this efect the turn signal flash timing. This is exactly what I am looking to do since I don't really care for the look of the L E Ds in the tail or turn signals. I am getting the signal dynamics lightbar and don't mind the look of the LEDs there. I can buy the front turn signal assembly for around 40 bucks each.

Whaduyathink????

Mark :thumbsup:

........... I bought a set of YAMAHA RSV front signals on eBay for cheap that are dual filament. I removed the single filament rear signals and installed the front ones on the rear. Then I acquired a set of red replacement lenses from KURYAKYN for $10 a pair. Now I have red signals to the rear as well as additional red running lights on either side of the central tail-light. I used to run the set-up from The Electrical Connection but after replacing 2 failed amber LED rings, I chucked them in the garbage. They have a life-time warranty, but after 2 failures I decided to go the dual filament signals to the rear.

Works for me.....................

............... the direct fit red lenses are available from KURYAKYN now for $9.99 or less for the pair. You can also use H/D, but why ??

Anyhow.............. reach up under the rear fender and remove the two small bolts per turn signal. Access the wiring jungle in behind the licence plate and unplug the signals............. 2 wires per side. Remove the signals and reinstall the 3 wire variety. They bolt up exactly the same and the wiring is exact except for the additional function. Splice this extra wire into the running/clearance light wire that powers the tail-light. Presto-chango............... the job is done

This is exactly what I did on the VStar I used to have. Worked great. I want to do the same to my Venture as soon as I can find some front turn signals.

I put on one of the light bars from Ebay with red LED's all across the back to serve as running/brake lights. I also put in one of the "countdown" (4 flashes, 3, 2, and the "on) brake light bulbs from Rider's warehouse. I like the back of the bike to be lit up and I especially like a LOT of brake lights to notify the cager behind me that I'm stopping:sun1:

total cost was about $100 and total install time was about 15 minutes with no modification to stock wiring...Just a thought...