IGNORED

Walking man down

naturbar

got to work @ 8am - soaped up the garage floor and scrubbed it down - stepped out to grab the water hose to rise it off - took one step into the shop and went down on my left side.... dislocating my shoulder (man that hurts) - off to emerg. room where they xrayed it and said they saw no break (s)-three shots of morphine and one other type didn't touch the pain- a doc comes in & tells nurse to give me a shot to put me sleep, well that didn't work either - so he proceeded to put it back in place - and when it popped back in the pain was instantly reduced by 90%. my left hand is numb and can't move two fingers- doc said wait about three days to see if it begins to cooperate, if not to see a ortho doc. got no one to blame but me, but the prospect of missing out on riding is a bummer. if anyone has an extra prayer send it my way,thanks. my initial prayer was already answered, i ask God to allow me no bone breaks...so praise God from whom all blessig flow.

Buz in N.C.

I can sympathize a little (or a BIG, toe that is!) I've only dislocated my big toe (now don't laugh, I'm not kidding, and the pain was serious) but it was a couple of hours before they got around to me in the ER and the ER doc couldn't get it back in. A couple of them tried several times and it wouldn't budge. I finally had all I could stand and said get somebody in here who knows how to do this! They had to call the Ortho doc and wait on him to get out of sugery to come pop it back in. He educated the ER doc and actually had to rotate it farther the wrong way to get the bone out of the socket before going back in. They gave me valium, demerol, and local anesthetic, but most had worn off by the time the ortho got there. He said I can just pop it back in with no more meds and it will hurt like **** for just a few seconds, or I can give you more pain meds and local anesthetic and we'll have to wait until they kick in. I couldn't stand the waiting any longer and told him to have at it. About 1-2 seconds of more pain and then like you said, 90% of the pain was gone when it popped back in. What a relief! I think it was dislocated for 3-4 hours. I can imagine the shoulder is a lot worse!

Prayers coming your way from GA

James

Prayers to you. I dislocated my shoulder because of a seat belt not releasing fast enough, (police officer trying to jump out of car to catch a perp) Five shots of morphine and three of something else the Doc popped it back in place and I slept for four hours afterwards, Every thing was ok until they sent me to phiscally therpy that cause the rotator cuff to tear, after surgery the only problem I have is I can tell you when it is going to rain or turn cold. So be carefull if they send you to therpy. :322:

with a heart felt thanks to all who responded with prayers, thoughts & advice. i go to the ortho doc tomorrow so we will see where that takes us. the hand being numb and useless is really what has me bothered. but i have placed myself in the hands of the Master Physician (i.e. Jesus) and have complete confidence. thanks you all for the great VR community support!

Buz