IGNORED

Which Harbor Freight Trailer??

MickO

That is the same one I looked at when at Harbor Freight this past saturday.

I have heard where some have made the trailer not as wide.... by cutting the croxx members down the same length. This way the trailer dont stick out as far on each side of the bike (air turbulance -friction / gas mileage issues).

I've also heard where some have moved the center cross member towards the front to extend the length of the neck...(8 to 9 inches).

Guess the actual size you want it to be when completed would be YOUR design, based on YOUR reasoning.

Some leave it as is and away they go.....and have no problems..as already stated.

Proportionately, the actual width and length of the "carrier" you get to place on the top of the frame, would be "key" as to how wide you would need the trailer frame to be..

It would look some what funny to have a large frame base, and then have a small cargo carrier mounted in the middle of a piece of plywood....:whistling: of course this is only MY opinion now...which may not carry much weight with your actual end result design plans.

good luck in what ever width / length you make it to be.....

If uncertain as to how wide or long you want it.......leave it big and work your way down to what size you think you would actually want...

You can easily "take away" material......but adding it would be a bit of a challenge with out having access to a welder..and some steel framing..:thumbsup2:

Skid:

Where did you find the HF trailer for the price you indicated? As you can see from the link in the earlier post, the current price on-line is $229. You "done good" to pick up the trailer for $139 plus the discount.

MickO