IGNORED

2nd Gen lift adaptor

• 1 month later...

Hi Gary,

I am planning to buy one of those bike jack and was wondering why you needed to modify your jack!!icon4.gif

I own a 99 RSV and would like to use a jack to move my bike around in the garage, will I be able to do that without modifying the jackicon5.gif

Can you also provide the details for the modifications, the pictures are good but a detail explanation of the modifications will help me put everything in place. icon1.gif

Many thanks,

Hermann

icon10.gif

Here's a more recent post concerning my lift adapters - http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1509

I also have an ad in the classifieds section here giving more details, etc. about the two models I currently make.

Here's the link to the ad.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=69&cat=7

Larry

Hi Gary,

I am planning to buy one of those bike jack and was wondering why you needed to modify your jack!!icon4.gif

Well, the main reason is because the RSV engine hangs down under the frame and you don't want to lift the bike on the engine.

I own a 99 RSV and would like to use a jack to move my bike around in the garage, will I be able to do that without modifying the jackicon5.gif

No, most of the bike jack are flat so you won't be able to lift your bike without modifying the jack. Although some models are out there that come with an adjustable adaptor that will probably work.

Can you also provide the details for the modifications, the pictures are good but a detail explanation of the modifications will help me put everything in place. icon1.gif

I did put some dimensions in the first picture. I just through some scrap tubing together that I had around the shop. Using the dimensions in the picture you should be able to build one. I built a second for a friend using 1" and 1 1/2" tubing and it worked out okay too. If you have access to some tubing it's not hard to build. I have virtually $0.00 invested.

Many thanks,

Hermann

icon10.gif

If you have some specific questions that I can help with let me know.