IGNORED

2008 Harley Impressions

CrazyHorse

After having a some experiance on 2008 Roadking I gotta say I'm impressed. Thier new motor the 96 cube is smooth and the bike accelerates well. Looks like they are getting thier act together. Coming out with Hydraulic clutches, 2nd Gen ABS, 6 gal fuel tank, and 6 speed tranny. Thier stereos sound good, I gotta hand it to them they are coming around. Still need liquid cooling. Now if they put that Vrod motor in thier bikes.

The new harleys look good and after looking at them I thought I might want one but I have changed my mind. I recently insured an 08 screaming eagle ultra classic. It comes with everything you can put on a bike. Heated grips, heated seats, alarm, the saddle bags and trunk automatically lock when you switch the ignition off. It is a pretty bike and my insured paid $38,000.00 for the bike. It was running so hot his wife couldn't stand to ride on the back so he had to take it to an independent racing machanic to install something that makes it run richer. The bike also has an oil leak that they can't seem to correct. Harley is also having some transmission problems with the new 6 speed. This is not the only person I know that is having problems with the engine running hot. My wife and I sat on an ultra classic. She felt very cramped on the back and my leg was against the left housing cover. When the bike is hot it will burn your leg. Harley still has a way to go.

When did Roadkings get stereos?

Roadkings dont but The Ultras Road Glides Etc do. I'm not really a fan of Harley but I did like some of thier improvements and the new engine was pretty smooth compared to the 88 cube. They have oil coolers available and one cylinder shut down (the back) to try to tame the heat. Plus they do have fuel injection now imagine that. If someone held a gun to my head and said I had to get a Harley, for fun I would get a VRod (gotta say they are fast) or for traveling a Road Glide but I'm not gonna get a Harley.

I read somewhere a guy is doing mods using Road Glide/King bags and fairings for the V-Rods. Looks pretty good too but don't know what the conversion costs. I imagine quite a bit once you factor in the mods and bikes initial costs.

Larry

Was that in Easy Riders I think I saw that didn't look half bad.