IGNORED

Question about speakers.

Is there hope to find a good speaker that won't distort over a whisper?It suck's that the aftermarket ignores us.Can not believe how any model Harley has limitless accessories.I can not afford the buy in or up keep of H-D,that is OK I love my bike.I just want a better speaker that I can hear when moving.There has to be something better than O.E.M. speakers.

Most good brand 4" marine speakers with a real cone (not paper) and tweeter will be an improvement. But as Freebird stated it's still only a 4" speaker and there's only so far you can go with that small of a cone. I've been waiting for winter to split my fairing and install Blaupunkt MSX402 speakers, about $55 on Amazon.

Is there hope to find a good speaker that won't distort over a whisper?It suck's that the aftermarket ignores us.Can not believe how any model Harley has limitless accessories.I can not afford the buy in or up keep of H-D,that is OK I love my bike.I just want a better speaker that I can hear when moving.There has to be something better than O.E.M. speakers.

I'm running these. The only distortion I hear is the amp at high levels. These can handle far more than the amp will ever put out.

http://www.carid.com/boss-audio/4-4-way-phantom-series-250w-speakers-mpn-p454c.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwndqrBRC16IyeqPicp3ASJAB-vB-cwk3ik9wd7RI4r_UrZ7Il4KMYLWlMBx7fX7P6JkRGBRoC9-jw_wcB

or

http://tinyurl.com/obetgh2

P.S. Still not much bass due to small size and placement...but I'm going to experiment with some fiberglass batting packed in fairing...maybe that will help. If not, I'll try and make a very light box to seal the backside of the units in. The speaker guru's I used to know back in the days of AR/Dynaco aren't alive so I can't ask them about porting, etc..

Not the simplest, but best idea, would be to build a fiberglass dam that contours to the inner side of the outer fairing with batting in it...then when the outer fairing is screwed on, it makes a sealed box around the speakers. Thinking out loud here...

Hope this helps...

david