IGNORED

Pam????

Kregerdoodle

OK, received a message from a member about using Pledge and Pam to deal with the (love bug) removal, and can`t get back in touch with him, as he is in East Texas on a ride, any way, I use Pledge on my bike, but what about and how or when do you use the Pam?? seams like it would make an oily mess....

Kreg:confused24:

i have used Pam for years on my big truck and cars and bike , before you go for a ride , spray on a light coat of Pam on the parts the lov bugs hit but at the end of the day make sure you wash it and the lov bugs off , the lov bugs come right off easily and no harm to your chrome or paint

Thom

Last week I went to east Texas and hit a lot of love bugs. I took someone advice and took a towel and wet it down. I took the wet towel and laid it over my windshield and in a couple of hours I was able to just pull it off and all the bugs came with it. The towell cleaned my windshield perfectly. This will work for all the fairing etc too. Forget the PAM. Just remove them later. Paper towels on the fairing and headlight should work fine too.

jb :thumbsup2:

If you happen to forget the pre-sprays and the bugs make a mess of your scoot, use dryer clothes softener sheets; the dry ones you just throw in the dryer. Get them wet first and the bugs come off fairly easily. Doesn't much matter what brand you use; I get mine from the dollar store :thumbsup2:

I use PAM on the forks. Get a dried bug on the tube and it could nick your fork seals. PAM will keep the dried bug body from sticking to the tube and slide up out of harms way when the fork is compressed. The stuff is too gooey to put on the fairing ect. I just use Pledge or plain water to soften things up for cleaning. Actually Pledge and a micro-towel remove bug guts off the windshield pretty good without any help.

Hi Kreg-

Pam does not hurt anything on the bike. It does have an oily film. I use it on everything but the windshield. Didn't bother up here this time. Bugs aren't too bad. Gunboat and I hit a few coming up. Watch the paper towels and the dryer sheets. They can scratch. They are a fiber product made from wood pulp. The wet towel trick also works great. Warm water and lay it over the windshield. Soaks them right off. I am using plain old pledge right now. When I wash the bike they will slide off easily. We saw an ambulance today that must have hit the entire love-bug population!! The entire front was black.

I will give a report on the ride in a different thread.

JB