IGNORED

darkside deuce- ct front?

Guest blackg0d

Guest blackg0d

alright team darkside-

i knew a few ol skool bros who rode cts front and rear back 'in the day', but i am only finding very limited contacts that are doing this now (a few wings, valks, and rat bikes). anyone care to chime in... cause the dark dreams are increasing the regularity and i find myself sizing front cts.

*if you are totally opposed to cts, thanks for caring. we all ride our own path. i am looking for feedback not doctrine - blessings,

Guest blackg0d

pressed, yes. i have been investigating. i figured i would put it out there. if not, i may go w/ the one below as i saw one on these bag boys and it may serve the same purpose:

Dunlop Elite 3 Bias Touring Tire 150/80B16 Front

New range of bias and belted-bias high-mileage premium touring tires to replace the 491 Elite II in like sizes with black sidewalls.

Substantially improved wear resistance, traction and wet weather performance.

The bias-ply Elite 3 features a new profile modeled after the shape of modern radial-construction tires and shares many of the same benefits.

The load capacity of the E3 rear tire for the Honda GL1500 is increased to 992 pounds for greater carrying capacity.

Guest blackg0d

flb/ all-

another thought to put to the group is if not a ct on front, what about running a rear mt on the front? i know several wings that have done this and had success. keep the fire burning and share.

blessings,

Guest blackg0d

so what rears are you sizing up (that sounds interesting)? i am running a 150/80-16 cont right now, but have been looking at some rear tires w/ same measurements. of course, they are directionally challenged.

Going by memory here, and that's become a weak point, but if you run a rear m/c tire on front I think you need to reverse it for best handling.

On the rear the tread is setup to maximize grip when accelerating and on front it needs to be reversed to maximize braking. Hey, sounds right to me! :missingtooth:

Guest blackg0d

went check out some more rear mts for the front. let me know if anyone else if looking to run same. i will likely just go w/ the same size of my current front (150/80-16) but run a rear mt. i would love to check the ride out of a ct on front, but cannot find one i am 'comfortable' w/. big boy mentioned running the rear mt on front reversed. 'sounds good'- guess that would be what i end up going for. keep the post going if anyone else has thoughts. i live about 30 mins from the dragon and most of the roads here are pretty darn twisty already. have had no issues w/ ct rear thus far. smooooooooth.

blessings,

Well, it's already hosted on here once. I was trying not to use up Don's space twice for the same picture. Go to the darksiders social group and view all the pictures there. At the moment, it's the sixth one over. I linked to it straight from there. I've picked up the idea that those who can't see pictures linked like that need to reset their browser. I also have several other pictures of this bike. This was the one that showed the front tire.

What rear CT are you running?

I've picked up the idea that those who can't see pictures linked like that need to reset their browser.

I don't know what you mean, but I can see other peple's pictures, but not yours (either).

Just had to fit another Avon Venom. It seems the Elite 111 bias belt asn't available over here at present and the heavy duty Metzelers are all out of stock (and expensive). Conti Tours aren't readily available either.

I had wondered about the emergency car tyres which are much narrower, but was warned off by my tyre supplier. That may have been a gut reaction, though. We don't really use them in the UK.

If you are referring to the compact spare tire available in most newer cars...stay away from them. They are not meant to be used on a continuous basis, and never over 55mph.

Other wise I am not sure what you mean by an emergency tire....

That name a lone sounds threatening, and would make me think twice about using one.

Sorry it's taking me so long to reply...I am in the middle of a divorce and spend most days at my girl friends house....

I used one of those spares on one of my cars and it lasted about 75 miles before it came apart...

It literally disintegrated...

As I recall, it was somewhat like a solid rubber tire. There was a hollow core but it wasn't inflatable. I suspect the center was hollow to allow it to be flexible enough to steer with if it was used on the front...

:2cents: I am not too sure that I would want to try it on a motorcycle....:no-no-no:

I totally agree with you, that someone else should try it first...