I recently purchased a 2006 RSV. I really like it. The ride is plush and I like all the other ammenities. My wife really likes the big back seat. BUTTTTTTTT... I am a big guy and the driver's seat isn't comfortable at all. It offers no lower back support and that hump on the front of it does a number on the family jewels.

Is there something more comfortable out there?

I can probably "break my body in" to the hump in the front of the seat but I need more back support.

I see there are driver backrests out there. I was hoping someone here might have one for sale that I can buy so I won't be out the full $250-300 for a new one if it doesn't work out for me...

Thanks

SpEEd Safely

CG

I recently purchased a 2006 RSV. I really like it. The ride is plush and I like all the other ammenities. My wife really likes the big back seat. BUTTTTTTTT... I am a big guy and the driver's seat isn't comfortable at all. It offers no lower back support and that hump on the front of it does a number on the family jewels.

Is there something more comfortable out there?

I can probably "break my body in" to the hump in the front of the seat but I need more back support.

I see there are driver backrests out there. I was hoping someone here might have one for sale that I can buy so I won't be out the full $250-300 for a new one if it doesn't work out for me...

Thanks

SpEEd Safely

CG

I have the Utopia back rest, it is very nice and much cheaper than a whole saddle, but it supports the middle of the back not really the lower back.

For a seat I would go with something custom if you feel you need one. Mayer, or Russel are very good. I personally think Corbin saddles are too hard, but there is a Corbin shop near Daytona so if you ever come to Bikeweek or are traveling down here you can stop and have one custom fit.

Pierre,

I might be able to help you out but I would need to know exactly what part of the seat is bothering you. I see where you have a midnight which should have one of the flatter seats as opposed to the pillow top. If the seat is burning your bottom in less than 120 miles or 2 hours, I have been successfull in cutting foam from the bottom to remove any crown in the seat and create a lower pocket for your tail bone. This can also be extended to provide some comfort for your privates. In other words this will flatten out the seat to provide relief for your tail bone to put the pressure on your sit bones. Then I glue memory foam in the depression so that the seat cover will fit. The memory foam compresses when sat on but then raises up when the weight it taken off.

But in order to do this you would need to send me your seat, where I can probably turn it around in a day or so and have it back to you within a week using UPS. I have been doing this for years now for free for friends, where I have more recently been charging a modest fee of $30 plus shipping both ways. I'm retired now and have the time and can use any extra money. Just a few months ago I modified a seat for CECDO's 87, where I have not heard anything negative about the modification. I also lowered his seat since he was a bit inseam challenged. The 2nd gen Venture seat can't be lowered as much as a 1st gen seat because of how the rear fender sits higher.

But for your back support, either a Utopia or DiamondR backrest will help out considerably.

Let me know if I can help,

Rick

Pierre,

I might be able to help you out but I would need to know exactly what part of the seat is bothering you. I see where you have a midnight which should have one of the flatter seats as opposed to the pillow top. If the seat is burning your bottom in less than 120 miles or 2 hours, I have been successfull in cutting foam from the bottom to remove any crown in the seat and create a lower pocket for your tail bone. This can also be extended to provide some comfort for your privates. In other words this will flatten out the seat to provide relief for your tail bone to put the pressure on your sit bones. Then I glue memory foam in the depression so that the seat cover will fit. The memory foam compresses when sat on but then raises up when the weight it taken off.

But in order to do this you would need to send me your seat, where I can probably turn it around in a day or so and have it back to you within a week using UPS. I have been doing this for years now for free for friends, where I have more recently been charging a modest fee of $30 plus shipping both ways. I'm retired now and have the time and can use any extra money. Just a few months ago I modified a seat for CECDO's 87, where I have not heard anything negative about the modification. I also lowered his seat since he was a bit inseam challenged. The 2nd gen Venture seat can't be lowered as much as a 1st gen seat because of how the rear fender sits higher.

But for your back support, either a Utopia or DiamondR backrest will help out considerably.

Let me know if I can help,

Rick

Thanks Rick for such a quick reply. Do you have an Pics....? Or will photos show anything anyway?

I am really interested in what you have to offer

Regards and

SpEEd Safely

PieRRe

Pierre,

Attached are some pictures that I took when I modified CECDOO's seat. Remember, this is a 1st gen seat which is somewhat different than your seat. The last one is still a little rough where I smoothed it out more later. You should be able to see how much foam I took out and what I did to accomodate the tail bone, etc.

Rick