I pulled my Bub Sleeper slip-ons off earlier today to wrap packing around the baffles and noticed a considerable amount of black soot on the right side baffle and none on the left side. I'm assuming that the right side (which ever cylinders, carbs, etc. exhaust though it) is running too rich. Would a carb sync take care of this?

Thanks

Ok... Thanks SaltyDawg. Again, probably another "stupid" question.... but is the colortune something my Yamaha dealer can do? Then have them do the carb sync? I have a little over 10K on the bike and I'm sure it is due for a checkup.

Ok... Thanks SaltyDawg. Again, probably another "stupid" question.... but is the colortune something my Yamaha dealer can do? Then have them do the carb sync? I have a little over 10K on the bike and I'm sure it is due for a checkup.

To be honest I don't know if your dealer would do it. I have never asked, but you can check with them. If they can do it, I imagine it will cost a good bit of cash. Of course I could be wrong, but just knowing what it takes to get the bike prepped I would think it's something they might not want to do. If you do have it colortuned, make sure you change the plugs.

Colortuning isn't hard, you just have to take the tank off and the dog bones to get to the front plugs.

Well, I know that the dealer told me that a carb sync would be covered under warranty but didn't mention color tuning to them. I noticed today that the boot clamps on the carbs on the right side (side the soot was on) were very loose and the ones on the left side (no soot) were tight. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it but I tightened them anyway.

Thanks for all the good advice!! :thumbsup2: