IGNORED

crash update

hmoc75

hello friends... though i would update you guys on my crash. first i want to say thanks for the well wishes from everyone. so here we go. the bike suffered damage to the left side faring. it will need the center fairing rail the one that holds the instrument panel. it also needs a left mirrow, blinker, and fairing half. it also needs the panel that holds the left speaker and radio mount and left air vent. the rest i have already taken care of. now the news on us. the better half is doing very well. she healed up great. me i have a cracked rib and lower back damage. plan to go back to the doctor soon for a MRI. still can' t stand for a long period of time or sit for a long time. been off from work now since the crash. since i am self employed bills are mounting up quick. looks like i will be selling some things to get by until i'm back on my feet. ok now for the really bad news. on the date of our wreck my insurance had lapsed and our bills came in came to about 10,000 out of pocket for ambulance, er, x-rays cat-scan, and meds. stupid gets you everywhere huh. i laugh to keep from crying. on a good note i redone my insurance for a year and marked it on my calendar as not to forget again. forgetting cost me big time. thats it in a nut shell so if anyone has an old part just lying around hang on to it till i get on my feet and i will buy it frome you. also if you don,t mind mention me in your prayers and thanks again to the best group on the internet ever. steve:thumbsup2::Venture: tt

Regarding the crash: Ouch!

Regarding the injuries: OUCH!!

Regarding the lapsed insurance: OUCH!!!

I hope you heal quickly and completely, and that you get back to earning some income very soon. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers...

Terry & Janis

i appreciate the good thoughts...looking through the post i see i'm not the only one this summer so i will wish all the other guys who went down all the best and pray for them as well. sure miss the scoot but gotta heal some. thanks again steve:thumbsup2:

Hoping for the best for you guys and glad that ypu are healing. I have a question regarding the insurance.

We have government vehicle insurance so this might not be the same. But, my house and life etc have a clause in there that carries the insured for 30 days over the end date. I was wondering if yours might be the same.

I know medical is terribly expensive for our friends south so it might worth checking out.

thanks again guys.....as far as the insurance i checked and the officer that worked the scene said he would not have give me a ticket if it was under 30 days. the insurance agent said they couldn't cover because it had been over that time peroid. my insurance was 40 days out. i think the only other parts i need is the peice that holds the speaker for the left side. i would also have to replace the air vent and speaker grill on that piece. the only frame piece that was damaged was the top faring rail. the one that holds the instrument panel. :7_6_3[1]:

Sorry to hear about your wreck!Hope everything gets better soon.

I understand your pain,had mri last thursday,compressed disc and fluid build

up between L4&L5.Hard to stay on feet all day.Only worked 40 hours last two

months.Luckily insurance went in effect 1st of June,did not help much on air

ambulance though.$15,000

Will add you to our prayers.

KILOWATT-1

Roadstar-0

Wild TX.Hog-0