Was wondering what the avarage mpg for Ventures was?I went from Baltimore to Brooklyn,Ny. yesterday and got 42.6 mpg.It was a spirited ride on the way running up to 75 or so.We got passed like we were standing still!On the way back traffic was terrible.Bumper to bumper 3/4 of the way home.Motor wise bike is all stock execpt for R/K mufflers and pilot srews turned out 1/4 of a turn.Not sure if this is the right forum for this question :think:I,m sure some have input though.

Depending on what you are comparing your mileage to your MPG will vary. Example if you use your trip odometer then your numbers are more than likely going to be skewed unless you have the speed-o-healer, then they will be more accurate. If you use a GPS to track mileage then you should be getting an accurate MPG.

My trip ODO is off by about 6% meaning when my trip ODO reads 100miles my GPS is at 94miles. Over a tank of fuel that can add up to about 15 miles for me.

Before muffinman colortuned my scoot I was getting about 38 to 40 MPG tracked by GPS, now that it is tuned properly I am getting 44 MPG tracked by GPS. Now using my ODO that would be close to 46-47MPG.

Edited by SaltyDawg

We went to a gathering called Detanation day.3 local shops put together.It was a vintage bike show and hang out.I followed another rider in,but I believe it was somewhere around 8th and Metropolitan.You could look down the street and across the river and see the Empire State building.It was surprising to see so many nice vintage bikes that where mostly Ny locals.As for my milage it was form the trip meter,so if you take off a avarage of 15 miles per I got around 38.7 mpg. I hope I,m wrong now.Sounds like I need some adjustments somewhere.Just did the math agian with the 6% and the mpg went to 40.05.I guess it safe to say somewhere in the ballpark?

Edited by Dieseldawg
wrong calculations