IGNORED

Fuel switch

BigD

Technically yes, you should turn the valve off when stopped. That is the only way to be sure a leaking needle valve or stuck float won't cause a cylinder to fill up with gas while it is sitting. Most modern bikes with gravity feed tanks now use vacuum activated petcocks, but those won't work with a fuel pump.

Even though you "should" turn it of, I never do. I doubt that more than one person in a hundred does. Good luck,

Goose

Dont forget that our scoots use an electric pump to move fuel to the carbs - they are NOT gravity feed. The fuel tank is below carb level so, without a fuel pump the carbs would get no fuel.. THerefore, the ONLY time that shutting off the valve is going to assist in anything would be if you forgot and left your key on and kill switch activated and start button on..

Dont forget that our scoots use an electric pump to move fuel to the carbs - they are NOT gravity feed. The fuel tank is below carb level so, without a fuel pump the carbs would get no fuel.. THerefore, the ONLY time that shutting off the valve is going to assist in anything would be if you forgot and left your key on and kill switch activated and start button on..

That is only partially accurate for a 2nd gen. Although we still have a fuel pump, the tank is NOT below the carbs. A stuck float will cause a problem. But I still never turn mine off.

Goose