I'm new to this whole venturr bike. I've learned a lot just reading from you guys and was wondering ddoes any one have a recommendation for a particular brand of cover? I have a 91 venture royale but I also need to cover my wifes 97 shadow. The building want go up till next year.

My wife and I have also kicked around the idea of putting them in self storage for the winter. any one with expieriance in that wrought.

Thanks folks as I do appreciate this site, It's helped me tremedacely already.

David

Walmart- 20 bucks for the covers, bought mine today. Self-storage shed is good idea, cheap insurance from sitting outside getting mice and everything in there. Drain the gas completely (including carbs!), change the oil, remove the batteries and bring them home and keep'em warm and on a trickle charger. Try to block the bikes up off the tires to keep from developing a flat spot in the tires. Up on the center stand with something to hold up the rear tire a little bit should do the trick.

Miss anything?

Dan

Walmart- 20 bucks for the covers, bought mine today. Self-storage shed is good idea, cheap insurance from sitting outside getting mice and everything in there. Drain the gas completely (including carbs!), change the oil, remove the batteries and bring them home and keep'em warm and on a trickle charger. Try to block the bikes up off the tires to keep from developing a flat spot in the tires.

Up on the center stand with something to hold up the rear tire a little bit should do the trick.

Miss anything?

Dan

when mine is on the center stand the rear tire is in the air your center stand must be in a different spot than mine to put the front tire in the air :rotfl::witch_brew::rotf::stirthepot:

I get most of mine off Ebay, and I use two different types. Since I don't have the luxury of garage storage and the bikes are left outside all year, one is a thicker bullet proof all-weather variety, and then when I'm out on the road overnight I have one made out of lighter nylon that stuffs into a very small bag. The heavy weights cost around $35-$40 bucks, the light weights are around $20 bucks, and that's delivered. While at VWIV last weekend I had a used half cover I'd bought that only covered the top of the scoot. I didn't like it. It did it's job keeping friday mornings thunder storm and rain off, but it didn't give that out-of-sight..out-of-mind protection that a full cover affords.

i have a 25 dollar cover from bubba's and i use a storage shed in the winter works out great for me i stuff oily rags in the pipes to keep out moisture and put in a bit of seafoam and stabil in the gas i leave the battery in the bike and put it on the tender change the oil too

• 1 year later...

I live in SW Florida and unfortunately no garage. The sun burnt through a cheap E-bay cover in 3 or 4 month's. I got one of the heavy 2 layer ones with silver on the top twords the sun and I really like it, the cheap black ones don't last very long.

But like Condor said they are light and good for the road.

Pete