IGNORED

Brake pad advice.

I think it's pretty common for the rear pads to go first. That's been my experience anyway and I do NOT use the rear that heavily. Maybe because there is only one set of pads rather than 2 sets as on the front. I'm not sure. Also, I always tell folks to check the INNER pad on the rear. I've a LOT of times when a quick inspection of the outer pad will lead an owner to assume that the pads are good only to find that the inner pad is completely worn out. Shouldn't be that way but I've seen it many times.

Donald.

I noticed the same thing as you. My first two sets of rear pads went real quick so when I replaced the front pads, I switched to EBC-HH pads. I am getting better braking power plus a lot more wear out of them. However, my next set for the rear will not be HH. They have too much bite. That was the cause of my accident in November 07.

I was scuffing off some speed with my rear brake when I hit a bump and locked the rear wheel up. :crying: Now the only time I use the rears are to hold the driveshaft tight while I keep the RPMs up in a tight curve. The rest of the time it's front wheel or engine braking.

Hope this answers your questions.