IGNORED

Carb adjustment?

TheKid

I have a 2007 rsmv. At first I put on some stock slash cut road king pipes and cut out both quarter sized chamber plates. It ran good and had a good sound when getting on the throttle. I wanted a little something louder so I got some straight pipes that were off a true dual road king. It still runs ok but I can def smell a def in the exhaust. I was wondering if I should get the carbs adjusted. when in fifth it does get a little sluggish when getting on it. Thanks for all the help. Also is there a way to do this at home or is it just better to get the stealership to do it?

If there isn't any backfiring in the exhaust, I'd leave the carbs alone. Just make sure they're well synced.

As far as being sluggish in fifth when getting on it, downshift. You're lugging the engine. Fifth gear on this bike is an extreme overdrive and good for nothing more than maintaining a constant cruise speed. If you need to accelerate, downshift to fourth. And if you're really getting into it, go to third. This V4 engine likes to rev up.