IGNORED

Headlight visor install

Guest Brad Gervais

To do it with out damageing the new headlight dome, it is best to split the fairing, then "loosen" the head light "chrome ring" attach screws, slide the dome in under the chrome ring and tighten the attach screws back up, then put yuor fairing back together.

Guest Brad Gervais

ECK: Thanks, could you give a novice a little more detail on splitting the fairing.

This thread should help. :thumbsup2:

Yep, I surely cant explain it any better than Freebird did in that posting!!!

Excellent write up and photos Don!!! :thumbsup2:

The only thing I can add to Don's posting to address your original question is, like I mentioned in my earlier post...

Once you split your fairing, you only need to "loosen" the head light chrome ring screws and slowly slip your head light dome accessory under it.

Then you tighten the same screws to hold the head light dome in place.

Then your back to Dons instructions to reverse the directions he gave to put your fairing back together..

And I can not caution you enough just as Don has tried to in his write up...

You must be VERY CAREFUL when removeing the chrome piece that is under your windshield. Those little tabs on the back side of it break off very easily!!!!!!!

My 05 QuickSilver does not have any "chrome ring attachment screws." :confused24:

The chrome ring is held on by three small tabs bent over the back of the light rim. This makes it quite difficult to re-attach the ring with the extra thickness of a visor. I had to take my fairing apart a second time about a week later when one side of the ring came loose. Good luck,

Goose

My 05 QuickSilver does not have any "chrome ring attachment screws." :confused24:

The chrome ring is held on by three small tabs bent over the back of the light rim. This makes it quite difficult to re-attach the ring with the extra thickness of a visor. I had to take my fairing apart a second time about a week later when one side of the ring came loose. Good luck,

Goose

I ran into that same issue, now that you mention it. I had to tap them back into place with a flat-bladed screwdriver. I haven't had any problems yet, but when I next split my fairing I'm going to check it over to make sure all is well.

OPs........you guys are absolutely correct............

There are three small tabs that you have to bend....

there are no screws on this chrome ring....

(its been a while since I had mine apart)

Maybe this will help clear things up a little too.

Here is the link to a tech article I did a while back.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=498

In photo # 3 , you can see the chrome ring in the far left rear corner of the towel. You can barely make out the small tabs on the ring.

In Photo # 7, you can see what it is supposed to look like when you are done installing the chrome dome on the head light assembly.

And photo # 8 is what it looks like when the fairing has been put back together and your done!.