IGNORED

Lifting 84 Venture Royale

I have a craftsman lift. How do you use it on a 84 where the pipes are lower than frame ??? some said you can lift on pipes but I`m not sure I like that idea . I was thinking of wooden blocks as spacers. any help greatly appreciated

JB

JB,

The only problem you will have is finding the balance point. With the bike on the side stand, push the jack in from the right side. I always positioned the left rail on the front pivot point of the center stand with the other rail sitting under the 2 front exhaust pipes. These pipes are double walled and are too strong to be damaged. Just make sure that you push the rails in far enough to catch the left exhaust good. Then start jacking it up and when the rails start pushing up the left side, the bike will start coming up off the side stand. Just hold the right handlebar as you jack and let it level up and come down on the right side exhaust. Then test to see if you found the right balance point. Depending on the weight in the rear, both wheels should come off the ground about the same time. If it feel unbalanced front to back, drop it down and move the jack rails left or right to where it comes up solid. You can strap it down with tie downs if you want, but I never had to.

Hope this helps,

Rick