IGNORED

Goldwing Drivers

PGunn

I don't think the problem is brand related, actually. I've gotten more cold shoulders from the BMW crowd.

Personally I think that attitude, from anyone, comes from their own self doubts. I love my ride. I smile a lot. I wave at everyone. Well, everyone I can. Sometimes it just ain't wise.

What could possibly motivate someone to be upset with someone else over what they ride? Doubt is the only thing I can see. Something along the lines of "I spent all this money and he looks happier than I am."

Clearly this isn't a problem for everyone. Freezy's perfectly cool about it all. Snarly Bill is too. They are satisfied within themselves and act the part (aside from when they get rubbed the wrong way, perhaps.)

So, my suggestion is: Next time someone snubs you, just smile. You ride one of the rarest bikes on the road. A rolling work of art. All the right curves in all the right places, and hands down the sexiest color. Let the real problem be theirs.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Around here for the most part, many riders you encounter will acknowlege you as you pass, either wave or nod, hell we even have kids on bicycles wave at you. Then there are those that don't even know you exist to them I would if I could, give them the :moon:.

Guest Dandy1

I have noticed that since I have owned my 06 RSV that the I get more snubs from the GW riders. When I had my Honda Valkyrie I was snubbed more by the Harley riders. So could it be to the untrained eye the Venture resembles a close likeness to the Harley that the GW people think its a Harley therefore they snub you more? Just a thought. But to the trained eye we can spot a Venture out of the crowd a mile away but most riders can't.

Ride safe!

Ok now I to do the wave to pretty much everyone on a motorized bi-wheeled vehicle and sometimes even those guys on the choppers who look like wantabes, those are more for the enjoyment of watching them try to ignore me as they go by then anything else. Now about the chirp... I bought my 06 Venture after research and fact finding and reading all I could here and before there was 500 miles on it the clutch basket was changed and the chirp, more a whine then a chirp, was reduced to an issue only when slowing down. Now as long as some of the folks I ride with never look here they will never know that I am stretching the truth in saying it is my super-charger winding down when comming to a stop.

Well, I doubt they were upset about the $25,000. Price a HD UltraClassic sometime. But let's face it, there are occasions when you will run across a group of creeps no matter what kind of bike they ride. I've had riders of all breeds be friendly and I've had riders of all breeds be rude. I don't don't give it any thought. If they make the first gesture at being friendly, either waving and/or smiling, then I return the favor, otherwise I just ignore them and don't let it affect my state of mind. I've actually had a lot more wing riders be friendly than HD riders, but that is just my personal experience. Just blow it off. Sounds like you had a great time.

:sign yeah that: I don't know about old but you don't seem crotchety;)

on the subject of "waving".

i remember, a few years back, before the motorcycle(harley , gold wing), explosion, every biker in my county ,knew every other biker in my county.

at that time, there were in the neighborhood of 500 or so, mostly harley, riders.

today, people run to their banking institution, borrow the money, run out and buy "a big ole motorcycle", to stroke their own ego. they know absolutely NOTHING about biker etiquette, and don't seem to be interested in learning.

like bill said,"it's their hang up", and i consider it their loss, as well.

just jt

Pgunn and Predock, I wave to you and even put you up for the night and feed you if you get out my way. I don't worry about who is friendly and who is not. I think that today it is just people being cautious.

ride safe

I see more BMW riders and crotch rocket riders that don't wave than anything else. Of course a lot of cruiser riders won't wave at the crotch rockets so they are probably surprised when somebody waves at them. I was in Colorado heading for Silverton. The highway was closed by a landslide. I was at a gas station trying figure a new route and there was also a BMW rider there doing the same thing. He went out of his way not to meet my eyes so he wouldn't have to say anything. Who knows maybe he was Germain and couldn't speak English. We were the only two bikes there.

Edited by midnightventure
typo

In my part of the woods Everybody pretty much waves at each other. I get about the same amount of waves when I ride the Venture or the Wing. I do at times see some that do not wave back but I don't let it bother me at all, And when I'm stop at a red light along side another bike I compliment them on their ride sure do get a lot of smiles from that too.

I also talk to other riders at pit stops and gas stations on my ride -

I get that from Wildhair39.

To me it does not matter what ride you have!! I like all motorcycles no mater what brand you ride, Just be safe and have fun......

Buddy

on the bmw thing i think i have had maybe one or two wave at me in my life. but in there defense we were riding our cushmans one day and my buddy ran out of gas. several guys on bmw's stopped and siphoned gas out of there tank into his. and got us rolling again. as far as sport bikes, the guys that have all the safety gear and are usually good riders most always wave. it's the idiots in shorts and sandals, and ain't got enough sense to ride a bicycle safely that don't wave. at least thats my observation. i think the beemer riders are just on a different wave length. it's a status thing. like they hang out at borders and drink gormet coffee and imported beer. :2133:

I'm just glad I don't hang out at borders. (As I sit drinking pinkie out coffee and musing about the last time I drank a Guinness - warm.) In my defence I have bruised knuckles from whacking my hand against the door of my wife's truck.