IGNORED

Older model Royal Star carb sync question

Sterling Turner

Had a friend call, He just purchased an older model "Royal Star", I didn't get the year of the bike. I don't know the different models of Yamaha, but he said it wasn't a Venture, it was a Royal Star... Anyway, He wanted to know if I could sync his carbs like I did on my 07' Venture. I said I would if I could figure out where to hook up the Carbtune and which screws to turn ??? That's my question !!! Is there a thread here that describes how to sync his carbs ? He said his engine was very similar to mine (he seen my bike). But is there a difference ??? Sorry that I don't know the year of his bike, I couldn't reach him to ask, but he's coming over this afternoon... Hopefully I can help him if someone can direct me. :think:

Thanks

Sterling

Sorry I can't give you the specific information you want, but I CAN confirm that the carb linkage is very different than the RSV. I did one of these at Don's maintenance day. The vacuum ports are the same, but the carb linkage screws for the adjustment aren't like it at all. However, I did not have too tough a time figuring out which one did which just by adjusting them and watching the results.

The basic process seemed to be the same. There was a screw between the #1 and #2 carbs that balanced them together, then there were two screws between the #3 and #4 carbs - one balanced them together, and the other screw balanced the left and right sides together, just like on the RSV. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

Can anyone tell me the difference in procedure in syncing the carbs on a 1st gen? I have a carbtune and ride a 2nd gen, but I am sure there are folks in my neck of the woods who might want the carbs on a 1st gen synced and I have never messed with a 1st gen.